• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

A little You Tube plug if its ok. If anybody like me likes 90s indie then give me a sub and a few likes. Please x

Reactions: b3h
30 years ago today was The Wonder Stuff's Big Day Out at Bescot Stadium. Still one of my favourite gigs ever. And one of the wettest!

Saw Green Day at Old Trafford Cricket Ground. They played the whole of Dookie and American Idiot, in full plus about 8 other tracks - absolutely fantastic gig.

I hurt from moshing today, a 40 something year old bloke should know better..... 😂
Would have liked to go to that but Saint after Foo Fighters, love Dookie.

Would have liked to go to that but Saint after Foo Fighters, love Dookie.
Missed out on Foo Fighters so that wasn't an issue for me!
It was great seeing Dookie in full, including "All by myself" - with Tré Cool resplendent in a dressing gown and pajamas!

30 years ago today was The Wonder Stuff's Big Day Out at Bescot Stadium. Still one of my favourite gigs ever. And one of the wettest!
33 years? If it was the one I was at it was dry by the the time I got there and The Wonder Stuff were on.

33 years? If it was the one I was at it was dry by the the time I got there and The Wonder Stuff were on.

Yeah, 33, my mistake. It was raining when they started I thought? Didn't they have some electrical issues due to the weather?

On my way home from Wembley, absolutely buzzing. My voice has gone from singing and my legs are fucked from dancing, but what a great night!
Amazing to keep that energy up for 3 1/2 hours, it never felt like it flagged. What a fantastic show!

Yeah, 33, my mistake. It was raining when they started I thought? Didn't they have some electrical issues due to the weather?
Not sure. It was a last minute decision to go and we got in just before they played. I can’t remember it being wet at that time but it might have been earlier in the day. We missed all of the support acts.

this album hit 40 earlier this year. probably hugely underrated

also hitting 40 is NMA's Vengeance. still relevant with the US Christian Militia going strong plus a "reform" shout out in the title track:
top dog fascist gets the boys in the corner
plants poison where there was just confusion
walks away scot-free and laughing
rides on the tide as the cancer grows

also hitting 40 is NMA's Vengeance. still relevant with the US Christian Militia going strong plus a "reform" shout out in the title track:
top dog fascist gets the boys in the corner
plants poison where there was just confusion
walks away scot-free and laughing
rides on the tide as the cancer grows

An absolute gem of an album. They did some massively under-rated stuff IMO. The Ballad of Bodmin Pill and 1984 are such fantastic tracks. One of the bands that shaped my youth more than most.

Just watching PJ Harvey at Glastonbury on BBC4, what the fucks Paul Gascoigne doing playing lead guitar.

Just watching PJ Harvey at Glastonbury on BBC4, what the fucks Paul Gascoigne doing playing lead guitar.
uncanny resemblance. John parish is 8 years older than Gazza - I imagine they’ve achieved that same look in very different ways.

I caught up with the PJH set this morning. Loved it. Only other thing I’ve watched is Fontaines DC last night which was also great.

PJ Harvey was good, she seems to be styling herself as some sort of high priestess of alt music, which I find appealing. Also enjoyed Dexys. Surprised myself by quite liking LCD Sound System.

I once served PJ Harvey, whilst PJ Harvey was playing - and had to be told what had just happened.

You served them whilst they were playing? Like, onstage?

Yeah poorly worded by me there

No I was working in a coffee shop, and her music was playing!

Back