• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

PJ Harvey was good, she seems to be styling herself as some sort of high priestess of alt music, which I find appealing. Also enjoyed Dexys. Surprised myself by quite liking LCD Sound System.

I reckon she’s been that for about 30 years now (along with Kim Gordon who’s playing tomorrow)

hope to catch a few today or on recap - mannequin pussy, last dinner party, sleafords (I know everyone one here loves them lol), bc camplight, english teacher - even new model army have a slot though dunno if they’ll play their earlier stuff.

Well this will probably go down like a fart in the vestry with the music aficionados on here but now the footballs finished I’ve put Coldplay at Glastonbury on.

Well this will probably go down like a fart in the vestry with the music aficionados on here but now the footballs finished I’ve put Coldplay at Glastonbury on.
The cameraman seems to want to get the three jumping wolves flag on every shot of the crowd

The cameraman seems to want to get the three jumping wolves flag on every shot of the crowd
Had a chat about that with my eldest whose been to Glastonbury a few times and asked him why they always seem able to get tickets, he said they just swap the flags amongst themselves

Coldplay just a bit meh for me all personal choice mind.

Wife is watching Coldplay. I've got my headphones on not listening to Coldplay.

Turned Coldplay off, boring and pretentious.

Saw them live in 2007, dull as dull could be but Chris Martin thought he was a charismatic frontnan. I'm sure he's a nice bloke but he's got all the charisma of Kier Starmer.

Doves were miles better.

I have enjoyed Paul Heaton, Jungle, Sugababes, Bloc Party and currently Disclosure make of that what you will.

Last edited:
The Last Dinner Party were brilliant this afternoon. The Streets and Fontaines D.C I've also really enjoyed

I quite liked some of the early Coldplay stuff but for me they've got well over blown in recent years.
Watched a bit when I came in from the pub, found it all a bit dreary tbh. The crowd was massive so obviously they're still popular.

I have seen the Michael J Fox clips on social media and tbf that's pretty moving

I didn't watch Coldplay, but I don't hate them. Parachutes was decent, and I don't mind Viva la Vida and a couple of other tracks, but overall find them pretty tedious. The fact that they are so huge is puzzling to me, they really aren't that good.

I didn't watch Coldplay, but I don't hate them. Parachutes was decent, and I don't mind Viva la Vida and a couple of other tracks, but overall find them pretty tedious. The fact that they are so huge is puzzling to me, they really aren't that good.

First two albums I liked but then I lost all interest. Like you say it seems puzzling they're so popular because their music is generally pretty bland so doesn't make sense for it to inspire so many people to get behind them. I always think the same of Drake, every song of his I've ever heard seems dull as fuck, not sure what anyone is excited about with him.

Free to a good home. I have a Clone Roses ticket at Holmfirth Picturedrome on 27th Sept. Can't make it now as a hospital appointment landed my way that day. Anybody that way that wants in PM me and I'll send it your way.

Back