• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

The Prodigy put on a good show even though it's not really my thing.

Chemical Brothers were just shit. Watching two geeks stood there with crap music playing.

Full marks to all the others.

I saw Beastie Boys and Prodigy at Reading 98 and it was fantastic. There was the incident where the Beastie Boys asked the Prodigy not to play Smack My Bitch Up as it was derogatory to women, so naturally when they came on stage they told them to get fucked and played it straight away! 😂

I went to the Loch Lomond gig.

I was so excited in the run up to the gig and very underwhelmed by the actual performance.

I saw the Prodigy at Knebworth in 2017. Sonisphere - they headlined night one, iron maiden did night two, and metallica closed the deal on night three.

The Prodigy were fucking loud - like motorhead levels of loud. I loved their set.

Massive metal festival and the loudest band that weekend was...Gary Numan. Holy shit, are friends electric and cars had bass levels to make the bowels move involuntarily!

EDIT - I think it was 2017. It was the year Metallica headlined Glastonbury the weekend before.

I’ve been waiting for this ever since I didn’t go to their “last” gig at Brid Spa in 2009. I thought I’d feel more excited than I do.

I think a combination of knowing I’ll be getting fleeced, it will be full of cunts and I hating stadium gigs has quelled the excitement.

Either way I’ll still be trying to go.

It will definitely be full of cunts...

I'll try and get a ticket, not sure why though - don't really like much after Definitely Maybe but that album was so iconic for me.

I think a combination of knowing I’ll be getting fleeced, it will be full of cunts and I hating stadium gigs has quelled the excitement.
and this is probably why I won't bother.

It's a no from me, went to Knebworth, saw them at the Ricoh in 2009, I just don't think I'd enjoy it now. Heaton Park is shite and I don't like Wembley either.

Cardiff would actually be quite good.

The Millennium Stadium is great and you can't beat the location.

It will definitely be full of cunts...

I'll try and get a ticket, not sure why though - don't really like much after Definitely Maybe but that album was so iconic for me.
The crowd won't be very nice either.

I might try. Never seen them live, so will log in Saturday morning and then no doubt see that I am 276,985 in the queue and go back to bed.

I doubt I'll bother. Less of a fan of stadium gigs, thought would agree with @Stan Hullis that millenium stadium would probably be the best bet, unless travelling to ireland.
I was sorely tested by the recent AC/DC shows and backed out.
Have they announced how much tickets are gonna be?
the rumour is it is the gallaghers, plus the high flying birds as the backing band...

Back