• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

I know this is a bit of a wanker's comment, but Oasis stopped being everything that made them special after they'd made it big. The energy, the working class angst, the voice for a generation stuff was real, but the lyrics went hollow after they were millionaires, nobodies fault, just took the edginess away. That said the rivalry with Blur, although completely manufactured, was something not seen in UK music since and I don't think you will again, due to the way it and other media is consumed so as a social phenomenon it's historic

I saw them once after the release of Definitely Maybe and at Knebworth, probably the best and worst gigs I've ever been to. Anyone that tells you the Sunday was good were either off their faces, not there, or lying. Part of that situational - literally hours to get food or drink, the line up wasn't as good - Kulashaker ffs and Liam was off his tits, some may find forgetting the lyrics to Champagne Supanova endearing, but I didn't.

I guess as a cultural phenomenon it'll be something - probably the biggest band in the UK of the last 50 years playing together(ish) for the first time in nearly 20 years, but so was Taylor Swift and I didn't have any desire to see her either.

the rumour is it is the gallaghers, plus the high flying birds as the backing band...
There is no viable "classic" line up, is there.

Bonehead hasn't been well, don't know if he's up to touring.
Guigsy has disappeared from public view since he left/was sacked in 1999. He never liked touring in the first place, hence Scott McLeod being in the Wonderwall video and not him, he'd gone walkies.
Alan White ditto since he chose to leave, he's not interested at all.
Zak Starkey was never officially part of the band.
Andy Bell is busy with Ride.
Tony McCarroll, lolz.

So Liam, Noel, Gem Archer (who has played loads with Noel, and was in Beady Eye too) and AN Other Drummer/Bassist.

Russ Pritchard (Zutons & NGHFB's) on bass i'd imagine and Chris Sharrock (Who was at the fag end of Oasis and NGHFB's) as drummer.

Bonehead has been playing with Liam and reportedly was involved in the reconciliation so (Definitely) maybe making some appearances. Archer and Sharrock were in Beady Eye before going to NGHFB's so I guess Liam wouldn't be fussed about them being involved.

I love the way they agreed to tease it with that date thing and then Liam being the thick cunt he is spent all yesterday spoiling the reveal on social media 🙄

Russ Pritchard (Zutons & NGHFB's) on bass i'd imagine and Chris Sharrock (Who was at the fag end of Oasis and NGHFB's) as drummer.

Bonehead has been playing with Liam and reportedly was involved in the reconciliation so (Definitely) maybe making some appearances. Archer and Sharrock were in Beady Eye before going to NGHFB's so I guess Liam wouldn't be fussed about them being involved.

chris sharrock ex icicle works is an epic drummer.

I know this is a bit of a wanker's comment, but Oasis stopped being everything that made them special after they'd made it big. The energy, the working class angst, the voice for a generation stuff was real, but the lyrics went hollow after they were millionaires, nobodies fault, just took the edginess away. That said the rivalry with Blur, although completely manufactured, was something not seen in UK music since and I don't think you will again, due to the way it and other media is consumed so as a social phenomenon it's historic

I saw them once after the release of Definitely Maybe and at Knebworth, probably the best and worst gigs I've ever been to. Anyone that tells you the Sunday was good were either off their faces, not there, or lying. Part of that situational - literally hours to get food or drink, the line up wasn't as good - Kulashaker ffs and Liam was off his tits, some may find forgetting the lyrics to Champagne Supanova endearing, but I didn't.

I guess as a cultural phenomenon it'll be something - probably the biggest band in the UK of the last 50 years playing together(ish) for the first time in nearly 20 years, but so was Taylor Swift and I didn't have any desire to see her either.
I went on the Sunday and loved it! But........ probably due to circumstance.

I'd just turned 16, i was fully onboard the Gallagher train, it was my first gig, i'd never seen anything like it....... it was incredible!
Although, i do remember a band called Dreadzone who were absolutely fucking dreadful!
The lineup was better on the saturday but, the Manics & Charlatans were strong support.

There is no viable "classic" line up, is there.

Bonehead hasn't been well, don't know if he's up to touring.
Guigsy has disappeared from public view since he left/was sacked in 1999. He never liked touring in the first place, hence Scott McLeod being in the Wonderwall video and not him, he'd gone walkies.
Alan White ditto since he chose to leave, he's not interested at all.
Zak Starkey was never officially part of the band.
Andy Bell is busy with Ride.
Tony McCarroll, lolz.

So Liam, Noel, Gem Archer (who has played loads with Noel, and was in Beady Eye too) and AN Other Drummer/Bassist.

Could be a chance of Andy Bell as Ride are done with their tour in Jan.

My youngest and his partner have been invited to a hospitality spot at Wembley on 02/08/2025.

New underworld album coming at the end of October. Absolutely stoked!
Feels like this year has been a bit sparse for interesting releases, however in the coming months looking forward to newbies from alexis ffrench & public service broadcasting.

Back