• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

If I hate it, I'm going to have to kill you.

I'll have to listen to it later anyway, the soundcard on this PC is knacked and I need to be on this one for work stuff at the mo.

You'll like it. And if you don't on the first listen, give it another.

Extremely average - sorry Jinky. Nowt wrong with it, but nothing that grabs me.

Still - report back on their live performance.

Agreed, rather middle-road. I have the same bass as the bassist though, so they get bonus points for having good taste.

Allow me to introduce you to the next big thing; Brother.
Seriously? I've listended to their EP and they're always being bummed by the NME and on NME TV and in my opinion they are the biggest load of tosh I have heard in a long time.

Changing the subject, did anyone catch BBC3's Indie Night last night?

Allow me to introduce you to the next big thing; Brother.

I reckon Doosh-Face might like this. I'm off to watch them in Oxford tonight.
Jinky, Various Cruelties are playing The Cellar in Oxford tonight. Not sure what time they are on as the night is billed 9pm-3am.

Would recommend them over Brother if you had the choice.

Seriously? I've listended to their EP and they're always being bummed by the NME and on NME TV and in my opinion they are the biggest load of tosh I have heard in a long time.

Well if NME say they're poo, they must be poo! :2xGay:

Originally the plan was 'Brother' at The Academy (£11 on the door, not bad) but I've since had a call from friends in Leamington and I'm heading there for beer and dancing like a loon.

I'll check Various Cruelties out though.

I gave up reading the NME a good few years back. Have a quick flick in WH Smiths now and again.

What I didn't like about them was the frontman was/is trying to be the next Liam Gallagher and he just doesn't pull it off. He announced at a recent gig "Anyone who doesn't want to see the future of rock'n'roll should leave now"

Def check out Various Cruelties. Saw them last week and really enjoyed them.

Last edited:
this opening track is my favourite song off this record. the vinyl i have fucking jumps in this track which really pisses me off. it must have been me that did it, like when i was pissed once and scratched death is a star trying to play it for the fifth time in a row - such a small bit of vinyl at the end of combat rock you see, i needed a steadier hand. anyone else done that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HTDHVGDy3w

SOS Band..Just be good to me.

David Joseph..You can´t hide your love

Mtume..Juicy Fruit.

Dance music like it was meant to be.

Downloaded a discography of Placebo the other day because i wanted this song, turns out i like quite a lot of their stuff.

Placebo is pretty fantastic all around. Without You I'm Nothing feat. David Bowie is still one of my favorite songs ever.

They're a little 'down' compared to most stuff i usually listen to but i caught a bit of their set when i went to Rock AM Ring a couple years back while we were havnig something to eat and i was impressed.

Pretty missed off about Blink delaying their tour a year, was looking forward to seeing them especially since they'd announced You me at six and Four year strong as supports. Hopefully Rise Against will tour the UK this year, i missed out last time they came around and i'm a big fan.

Back