• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Any of you familiar with Unkle Bob? Based in the UK, a bud of mine is a member.

Any of you familiar with Unkle Bob? Based in the UK, a bud of mine is a member.

I am. Supported James on a tour or 2. & in fact they also recently supported Tim Booth on his solo UK tour.

I am. Supported James on a tour or 2. & in fact they also recently supported Tim Booth on his solo UK tour.

No way! Awesome. Their bassist Chloe and I are on a few of the same bass forums. She's ace. :beerchug:

She calls me a dumb American and I make fun of stupidly named British food. Great fun for the whole family.

My in-laws are having a retirement party tomorrow night and have asked yours truly to provide the music in the form of a playlist. I do so enjoy faffing around on iTunes making such things, so I've done them a 7 hr behemoth 60's playlist. (No point on going past 1970 where they're concerned - they still think Rod Stewart is 'cutting edge' and a bit too modern).

So I thought - what are your favourite 60's songs? Bloody awesome decade for music. I'd have to say something from the Beatles, but you've got so many amazing bands from that decade.

So I thought - what are your favourite 60's songs? Bloody awesome decade for music. I'd have to say something from the Beatles, but you've got so many amazing bands from that decade.

I used to listen to a lot of 60's stuff. Mainly because it force fed to me by my folks. Sunday morning was always a Beatles day in the kitchen.
I went years without listening to anything, a stubborn streak.

However I am currently wearing out my iPhone listening to the Fool on the Hill by the Beatles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIsou0IRIQU

Tune - wonderful tune. Just realised that Nights In White Satin is NOT in my iTunes catalgue. Shameful.

<Goes round to parents house to steal loads of CDs to rectify situation>

My in-laws are having a retirement party tomorrow night and have asked yours truly to provide the music in the form of a playlist. I do so enjoy faffing around on iTunes making such things, so I've done them a 7 hr behemoth 60's playlist. (No point on going past 1970 where they're concerned - they still think Rod Stewart is 'cutting edge' and a bit too modern).

It would be way more interesting if you made them a playlist of Behemoth.

It would be way more interesting if you made them a playlist of Behemoth.

I wanted to play them something they hadn't heard before, but the wife said making a Macc Lads playlist would be a mistake. Especially seeing as some of the guests are from the M-I-L's work at the women's refuge.

I wanted to play them something they hadn't heard before, but the wife said making a Macc Lads playlist would be a mistake. Especially seeing as some of the guests are from the M-I-L's work at the women's refuge.

I supect this is the sort of shit you're looking for rather than them gay beatles boys. 1970 album, so must have been written in the '60s!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5WRCUYdTPo

Thinking more along the lines of:

Tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuune........

Fuck it - it's a Friday night. Let's go mad.

Morning, TWF-ers. Lovely day for it. Some early morning ambience for you:

Since I am a computer illiterate..I don´t know how to put those direct Youtube thingies in post.

Bob Hund..Tralala lilla molntuss

Is available on Youtube anyways.Worth checking out if you can stand swedish.

Retroindie from 1998..I´d forgot how good it was.

Allow me to introduce you to the next big thing; Brother.

I reckon Doosh-Face might like this. I'm off to watch them in Oxford tonight.

If I hate it, I'm going to have to kill you.

I'll have to listen to it later anyway, the soundcard on this PC is knacked and I need to be on this one for work stuff at the mo.

Back