• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Currently doing the rounds in my CD players are -

Fenech Solar
Everything Everything
Foo Fighters new album
Incubus - CAN'T WAIT for their new album
Ladyhawke (summer album/nice weather)

Grabbed a copy of the Vaccines album from my mate - just burning it to iTunes now. I have never heard anything by these guys before (I don't do radio) so will give them a listen on my commute to work tomorrow.

Grabbed a copy of the Vaccines album from my mate - just burning it to iTunes now. I have never heard anything by these guys before (I don't do radio) so will give them a listen on my commute to work tomorrow.
Awaiting a. It's a load of rubbish, b. It's OK nothing new, or c. It's the best thing I have ever heard.

Also, Metronomy's new album 'The English Riviera' is superb. I only found out they were playing in my local academy in Oxford last night about a week ago and it had already sold out :(

Just heard that TV on the radio's bassist Gerard Smith has lost his battle against cancer. Awful.

Just heard that TV on the radio's bassist Gerard Smith has lost his battle against cancer. Awful.

Just seen this. Am shocked as I know you'll be. Only 34! I presume he had been ill for a while, I'd just never seen anything about it.

I want to hear the Chemical Brothers OST for the film Hanna. Apparently an itunes only release. Hmmmm.

Got a few albums to catch up on. Have been enjoying the PJH and Trail of dead who were great in concert Monday. Have another 8 or so to spend some time with, wish I had the time.

The time thing is leading me to choose long distance days out at the moment, purely because I will then have the opportunity to get a good listen to some top quality tune-age!

BTW nimrod, I listened to Mogai's "Hardcore will never die..." album on an mp3 player on the train to/from manchester last week. The soundscapes and expansiveness of the album made it an absolutely awesome experience.

If t3ch drops by - I'd urge him to check out mogwai. Hardcore... has a US release on subpop.

Just seen this. Am shocked as I know you'll be. Only 34! I presume he had been ill for a while, I'd just never seen anything about it.

I heard this earlier. Gutted. I was only listening to them yesterday!
It's particularly poignant for me currently too. Awesome bassist and his final works for TV On The Radio were outstanding. I urge everyone to have a listen

Pretty pissed off Blink182 have delayed their tour by a year to work on their new album.

BTW nimrod, I listened to Mogai's "Hardcore will never die..." album on an mp3 player on the train to/from manchester last week. The soundscapes and expansiveness of the album made it an absolutely awesome experience.

If t3ch drops by - I'd urge him to check out mogwai. Hardcore... has a US release on subpop.

Yeah, it's one of the eight I have to listen to a lot more to give 'em justice. i also have an album by This will destroy you that i've been meaning to listen to for some time. Hopefully a similar quality. Problem is when you hear something you immediately like and you listen to that a lot, the other stuff is left waiting. I had spiderland for 3 or so years before i realised how much i liked it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35F6d2Utlpg

Liking that This will destroy you track!

Yeah, agree with you. The other downside to listening to something a lot is getting bored of it. I have forced myself to be very careful with the mogwai album especially because I like it so much. hadn't listened to it for 3 weeks, & on the train it was such a joy!

Finally got around to listening to this - I'm pleasantly surprised - I like it.

Will play it a bit more in readiness for the Arcade Fire gig as they're on earlier in the day.

Taken from a bit of the press release for a Beautiful South Live at the BBC CD collection

Legendarily, the 3rd Best Band In Hull, The Beautiful South's reign lasted 10 glorious years from 1989 to 2004,

Anybody listened to James Vincent McMorrow's album "Early In The Morning". It's my favourite of the week, plus see he's playing Glasto so double bonus.

So I buckled and downloaded the leak of Incubus' new album If Not Now, When? - don't worry, I'll still buy it in July when it comes out AND I'll be going to their tour.

The new album has blown me away.

It's not only completely different to anything Incubus have ever done - but it's also different to anything out there at the moment.

They keep re-defining genre's and they have a wonderful ability to blast everything that their fans thought they knew about Incubus out of the water. Each and every record they've ever released has been different to the last and this one has taken a monumental jump in a different direction. I have to say it's a beautiful thing watching a band grow and explore different avenues 10+ years after they started making music.

Most hardcore Incubus fans will probably feel alienated by how different this is; but I'm sticking with them.

I love it.

Back