• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

That's the acoustic song - "F**k Her Gently".

Really funny song.

Recently got Tim Booth's new solo album Love Life. http://shop.timbooth.co.uk/

It is becoming a bit of a grower on me. Nice driving music.

Also, Toots & the Maytals are playing the wulfrun apparently - & it is the day before the Public Enemy gig in Birmingham (4 & 5 September).

I'm usually intensely cool and fashionable but today I'm going to recommend the last album by Lucinda Williams, Blessed. Most of her albums are excellent but this is one of the best. My fave track:

After watching the CL final last night, was a bit boared and was channel flicking. MTV HD1 (Or whatever it is called) had Pearl Jam live in Austin Texas (I think it was).

It left me speechless as i forgot how truely brilliant the Seattle rockers really were! I hope they do a re-run as i missed the 1st half hour of it!

Anybody catch the Queen documentary on BBC2 last night? Part 2 on tonight.

After watching the CL final last night, was a bit boared and was channel flicking. MTV HD1 (Or whatever it is called) had Pearl Jam live in Austin Texas (I think it was).

It left me speechless as i forgot how truely brilliant the Seattle rockers really were! I hope they do a re-run as i missed the 1st half hour of it!

Saw Pearl Jam last year, they were epic and as good as ever. Eddie Vedder is a legend, did you know he just released an album of all Ukelele songs?

Anybody on TWF heard of Wu Lyf?

Saw Pearl Jam last year, they were epic and as good as ever. Eddie Vedder is a legend, did you know he just released an album of all Ukelele songs?

Anybody on TWF heard of Wu Lyf?

world unite: lucifer youth part - have read a decent review of their new album, marked it as a check up - did say they "only operate in one gear"

quite like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhgOt7YFN0I

plus one for Toon, their new album out soon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKU3jsYgMPM

world unite: lucifer youth part - have read a decent review of their new album, marked it as a check up - did say they "only operate in one gear"

But what a gear it is!!! Have you heard them? They have a huuuuuuge sound, orchestral and full of echoes. Maybe because they recorded in an old Church

Fucked up - whatta band.

Lemonjelly is currently enjoying:

REM - automatic for the people (class album)
Lemon Jelly - Somerset House mix
Susumu Yokaota - Kaleidoscope
Nine Inch Nails - Broken EP

I have tickets for the intimate Incubus gig in HMV Forum, london in two weeks. It's their first gig in the UK for over 5 years and is VERY exclusive. I actually CAN NOT wait.

For anyone who hasn't heard Incubus before (how?) please listen to their new album 'If Not Now, When?', it is a piece of musical genius and I am absolutely in love with it.

I've just borrowed Hugh Laurie's jazz/blues album from a mate. It'll be interesting to hear what it's like - watching Treme has certainly got me back into that sort of sound. I'm also reading Keith Richards's autobiography, so there's plenty of blues influences on that.

I shall report back once I've listened to it.

I've just borrowed Hugh Laurie's jazz/blues album from a mate. It'll be interesting to hear what it's like - watching Treme has certainly got me back into that sort of sound. I'm also reading Keith Richards's autobiography, so there's plenty of blues influences on that.

I shall report back once I've listened to it.

Heard 1 track on the radio. Enough to make me interested.
I'll look forward to your feedback langers...

Can't find it anywhere Jinky, love Adolescents though.

Serge, heard these?

Heard 1 track on the radio. Enough to make me interested.
I'll look forward to your feedback langers...

Well it's pretty damn good actually. Nothing mesmerising, and I think it's fair to say that I listened to it thinking 'that's the Prince Regent singing this - how DOES he do it?!' but if you try and forget what else he's done, there's some fucking good music in there. He's got a really good jazzy voice, I'd liken it more to easy listening than that gravelly Dirrrrrty Deep South Blues style voice (which I love) but he's a talented bugger nonetheless.

I believe he's also played guitar and piano on this album - I don't know which tracks, but there is one which is just a guitar and a voice and it's wonderful.

If you like blues/jazz/New Orleans inspired music, I'd recommend it. It's extremely pleasant on the ears. Oh, and there's a Robert Johnson number on there too which is never a bad thing.

Back