• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Wow, you really have a taste for progressive and technical music! You love Rush too. Incredibly complicated music to play.

Have you ever heard Dream Theatre?

I did but many moons ago, not sure about them trying to copy Rush in their early days, but obviously moved on from there.

Taking a very VERY pleasurable couple of hours watching Family Jewels and Plug Me In by AC/DC. Fucking hell, when Bon was there they were the hardest rocking and just about fucking best band on planet earth and none of it dates. Still quality thirty seven years after he left us. BRILLIANT.

Discovered CDNX a couple of days ago - internet radio station playing alternative & indie music, really good music so far:

http://www.cdnx.co.uk/

Incubus new album '8' out on 21/04. CAN. NOT. WAIT.

They've released 4 x songs from it so far; Nimble Bastard, Glitterbomb, State of the Art & Undefeated. All slightly different but all equally excellent in their own way. Very much enjoying the pacing of the new tracks.

Anyway, the video for the lead single 'Nimble Bastard' is below. It's weird & wonderful so give it a go.

If you have Spotify, PLEASE give Incubus - 8 a listen.

Thank you.

Love Incubus but the mix on the new album sucks. Drums are far too loud, and sound like buckets, no reverb on them. Mikes guitar isnt loud enough and that Nimble Bastard video is worse than terrible.

Love Incubus but the mix on the new album sucks. Drums are far too loud, and sound like buckets, no reverb on them. Mikes guitar isnt loud enough and that Nimble Bastard video is worse than terrible.

I think you have Skrillex to blame for the mix. He came in after Dave Sardy had basically produced and mixed the album and then "sprinkled his magic fairy dust on it". The original mix of Nimble Bastard (which you can still hear on the lyric video) is so much better than the "new mix" on the album, which was after Skrillex had got his hands on it.

For what it's worth, I actually don't share the same opinion as you. I quite like the way it's mixed, and a lot of people have been critical over the drums - especially on "loneliest", but I actually like the way it all comes together. I'd be interested to have heard the album before Skrillex polished it up though.

As for the video - :icon_lol: - I'm just pleased to see them enjoying themselves after being in a band for 25 years together. It's clearly a pisstake video - I mean you can see Kilmore's fake leg and the extra holding it in place when he walks in to the bear trap for God's sake! :icon_lol:

That explains. Really shoddy production IMO that actually lets down the key members. Imagine how much better the album would sound if Scott Litt produced.

Compare the drum sound to Morning View. Wish you were here in particular. It's a massive step backwards in terms of production and also the song are lacking somewhat.

Are you secretly a 15 year old girl, Dan? :icon_lol:

Try her husbands band, New Found Glory, instead. Much better.

New Found Glory :icon_lol:

I might not be winning the cool prize, but you are losing it by a mile, mate.

Are New Found Glory still going?!

I last saw them about 7 years ago and their best stuff was already getting on a bit by then.

I like Paramore, and love Hayley Williams. Shame about the Christian stuff as you say though.

Back