• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

New single out by The National today, album out in September, tour dates in September - four nights at the Hammy Odeon (no, I'm still not going to call you the Eventim Apollo).

Day well and truly made.

How were they? Did they play much old stuff? Fucking still love those first two albums.

Chino was in the studio doing a collaboration with Incubus a month or so ago, which I'm excited to hear.

New Papa Roach single is decent. A sentence I didn't think I'd be writing in 2017...

How were they? Did they play much old stuff? Fucking still love those first two albums.

Superb. Venue was Vicar St which only holds 2,000 so it was a proper sweaty club gig, and they responded by playing loads off those first two albums, like Bored, 7 Words, Around the Fur, Lhabia, Be Quiet and Drive, Head Up, My Own Summer etc. Mixed in with the better tunes off the later albums, like Korea, Elite, Diamond Eyes, Swerve Coty and they finished with Rocket Skates which tore the roof off.

I pulled a load of muscles in my neck from head banging, but it was a great show.

Ah man, sounds fucking awesome mate!

Roger Waters has a new track out on Spotify - Deja Vu.

Sublime - it's like a cross between Pigs on the Wing and Mother. Can't wait for the new album if this is anything to go by.

It'd be his first solo album since Amused to Death which came out 25 years ago so I'm really looking forward to it.

A Tribe Called Quest pull out of Roskilde and they replace them with Ice Cube.

Glastonbury replace them with Dizzee fucking Rascal. FFS.

A Tribe Called Quest pull out of Roskilde and they replace them with Ice Cube.

Glastonbury replace them with Dizzee $#@!ing Rascal. FFS.
Could do worse than Ice Cube tbf.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Just back from a very enjoyable evening/night at the Darlington Northern Echo Arena. 4 bands.. From Jamaica were Raging Fyah followed by The Original Wailers*, then Level 42 and finally UB40(ft Ali, Astro & Mickey).
I had never heard of Raging Fyah before but they were pretty damn good. *The Wailers had one original member but did all the songs you'd expect and the guy who did the vocals was brilliant. Level 42 were pretty good live and Mark King seems to be wearing his bass guitar a little lower, resting it on his rotund belly! UB40 were absolutely spot on. There are two versions of 40 doing the rounds, one with Robin Campbell and Ali's brother Duncan on vocals and I'd heard some reports that they weren't very good live. Ali and Astro, however, were on the button and put on an excellent show.

One moment that made me laught was while the Wailers were on. They had done Buffalo Soldier, I Shot The Sheriff, Three Little Birds, Stir it Up and One Love when a woman behind us said very loudly to her friend "enough of these songs I don't know, just get on and do 'Kingston Town' " :confused-smiley-013

I despise UB40 with a burning passion!

Glastonbury full lineup was announced today. Worryingly out of touch that I don't recognise plenty of the acts announced. Will need to have a trawl through to see if can find any hidden gems to go and watch.

Back