• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Brother bought me an underwrold ticket for christmas.
Realised last night it is less than 2 months away...:)

Really tried to like The Unthanks but I just find them too dour. They're bloody miserable live as well!!

Each to their own and all that.

I would recommend that everyone tunes into planet rock today. With the date being 2112, today is Rush day.

What more could one ask for?

Frank, sorry for late reply but I only joined a couple of days ago. Looking back through the music thread and saw this.

I saw Rush for the first time at the NEC Birmingham. They were on stage for over 3 hours. One of the best concerts I have ever been to and what a SetList...

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rush/2004/nec-arena-birmingham-england-23d624b7.html

Really tried to like The Unthanks but I just find them too dour. They're bloody miserable live as well!!

they did a great version of karma police a few years back - as rachel unthank and the winterset. oh sorry, it was sexy sadie of course, not karma police.

Sorry, I normally agree with you on most things (Elbow aside) but the Unthanks are neither dour nor miserable live. Perhaps you've seen a different Unthanks to me. They've always been charming, good humoured and fun when I've seen them. Some of the songs are melancholy but equally some of them are quite upbeat. Plus they're big bouncy girls in pretty dresses. What's not to like?

Sorry, I normally agree with you on most things (Elbow aside) but the Unthanks are neither dour nor miserable live. Perhaps you've seen a different Unthanks to me. They've always been charming, good humoured and fun when I've seen them. Some of the songs are melancholy but equally some of them are quite upbeat. Plus they're big bouncy girls in pretty dresses. What's not to like?
I meant their music as opposed to their demeanour. I really have tried to like them but they're not for me.

Frank, sorry for late reply but I only joined a couple of days ago. Looking back through the music thread and saw this.

I saw Rush for the first time at the NEC Birmingham. They were on stage for over 3 hours. One of the best concerts I have ever been to and what a SetList...
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rush/2004/nec-arena-birmingham-england-23d624b7.html

I have seen them three times. They are quite superb live. Hopefully they will do one last British tour, but I am not sure they will.

sigur ros touring in september. only 5 uk dates though, glasgow, 2 nights in manchester, and 2 nights in london. bah.

Green Man shaping up nicely. Can't say enough plaudits about this festival.

16178594_10154407797636553_5812852826502447763_o.jpg

i got to meet the daughter of tony visconti and mary hopkin the other week. i gave her a very bad rendition of the chorus to 'those were the days'. i think, amongst other things, she's in a band that re-performs bowie albums.

Back