• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

sorry, song then band. the first track is the band that did the stranger things music. it's well worth a listen. so good.

absolutely none? check out the pazuzu track on YT :)

A bit of a slow starter but it really grew on me. Cogs is a magnificent song.

yeah, its a good album. on my beach time scoring i had it a 73, but i was probably asleep for half the time so i recognise that's as bollocks as anyone else's. i think pretty much all my reviews of things i quite like end up at 7 point something. they just need to catch me on a good day.

I've taken advantage of Spotify's offer of 3 months Premium for 99p. Currently working through Pitchfork's top 50 albums of 2016.

Pinegrove - Cardinal. Nice bit of alt-country.

Likewise. After I've listened to my top 100.

Pinegrove - Cardinal. Nice bit of alt-country.

Listened to this while doing some wrapping and really enjoyed it.

They sound good on here too. Old Friends is ace (4.04 in the video).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weL8HTY1NJU

On a side note, I HATE wrapping.

I am terrible at it. As it already looks like the work of a 4 year old, I might just tell my wife that Belle did it all.

OK, so going with this. if you want a copy, PM with address confirm. may be after xmas, who knows.

my 2016 year CD current pick. 1 hr 18m. i was gonna swap the DIIV track for a does of punk from Anxiety but think a couple of mates might complain. though the last track will blast them to high heaven if i leave it in.

Wardenclyffe - S U R V I V E
Orlando - Exploded View
Lower Depths - The KVB
La Distinción - Lorelle Meets The Obsolete
Beating Heart - Hydrogen Sea
Is the Is Are - DIIV
Wounded Wing - the duke spirit
A Hundred Ropes - Minor Victories
Clouds That Cover The Sun - TOY
Give It Up - Angel Olsen
Hollow - On Dead Waves
Good Grief - Nocturnal Habits
Got It Bad - Male Gaze
Gertrudis, Get Through This! - MOURN
Don't Get Lost - The Brian Jonestown Massacre
One More - Weaves
Stimulation - Preoccupations
Someday Come - LUH
Jane Cum - Japanese Breakfast
Hypnotisoitu viharukous - Oranssi Pazuzu

Been back bingeing on Bowie lately.

Station to Station specifically. Found it hard to get into at first (fnarrr) but loving it now

Cheers for the heads up on that Pinegrove album SLA. I have been listening to it all week and really like it. Old Friends & Size of the Moon are awesome tracks.

It reminds me a bit of Ben Kweller (I think it's his voice) and as BK is ACE then that can only be a good thing.

Feel free to send some more recommendations across!

I would recommend that everyone tunes into planet rock today. With the date being 2112, today is Rush day.

What more could one ask for?

Cheers LJ. Yeah, I'd had an email about the album release. As good as it is that they've released a live album, I want some NEW material!

I've just started reading Carrie Brownstein's book so I think I'm about to go off on another big Sleater-Kinney obsessive phase again.

Back