• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

I saw them do all of Among the Living in the small tent at Sonisphere. Straight into my top five gigs of all time. Absolutely brilliant. Go, just go and buy a ticket now!

Anyway - new Metallica album day. Got my out for delivery email from Amazon.....

Squeeeeeeeeeeeee

Finally it arrives with the deluxe 3 disc box so I get Lords of Summer and some other covers (including Remember Tomorrow by Maiden which I can't wait to hear!) and a live set. Lovely.

First impressions are actually very good. Still think the bass is too far back in the mix but the Hetfield god guitar sound seems to be there. Going to listen to it on repeat all night so I can start getting a feel for it, but things are very promising. Spit out the Bone is a brilliant track though.

Halo on Fire is IMMENSE. Loving Confusion now.

Same problem as always though. TOO FUCKING MUCH WAH.

Honestly if this album was two tracks shorter, and produced by Fleming Rasmussen at Sweet Silence in Copenhagen like Ride the Lightning was, it could be just about perfect. I loved that mid-eighties metallica reverb-heavy sound. This a little DRY, but the guitars and drums do have plenty of depth if you turn the wick up, so I like that. VERY much. Some belting riffs on here. Absolutely BELTING.

That was bizarre.

Equally bizarre was BBC reporting it as "Metallica perform their scariest song".

Just fuck off BBC. You have no clue. It's fucking Sandman for Christ's sake.

just for you pad
166nhp2.jpg

I bought the Metallica album too last night. It's only ok to me as I feel it's a bit self-indulgent. A lot of songs sound similar, and there's no reason for all of them to be 6-7 mins long!

I do like Moth Into Flame, Hardwired and Confusion though.

Finally! A gig! It has been many months.
Still, Ludovico Einaudi at Symphony Hall this evening.

Kiss have announced a show at the nia for next year.

That fucking wanker ashcroft has too.

Nice to see Augustines on there. It's a shame they've called it a day.

Chapel Song is still a personal favourite.

I fucking love Airbourne. Absolutely brilliant live. They are what AC/DC would be had Bon Scott not died.

Fucking hell, I'm out of touch. The only band I've heard of on there is Marillion! :confused-smiley-013
Oh, and a bloke at work has an Opeth t-shirt but no idea who they are.

Saw Opeth with Wombat a couple of years ago. Used to be very heavy but extremely musical. Gone quite prog but still a cool band. Ghost have been around for years as well.

I fucking love Airbourne. Absolutely brilliant live. They are what AC/DC would be had Bon Scott not died.
For some reason I feel a disproportionate amount of rage when I hear them on the radio or see them on TV.

They just seem a bit unoriginal to me. Like they are putting on an act to seem as AC/DC as possible.

Just gave airbourne a quick listen. Don't see the ac/dc thing myself. If you want an ac/dc soundalike, check out rhinobucket - the guitaring sounds a little ac/dc, wait til the singer starts...:

that airbourne business just sounds like a load of cliches to me. As does the artwork. Bored with them already.

Trust me - as good a live band as you could wish to see. And if you can't hear the AC/DC similarities then I suggest buying new ears.

Back