• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

That's an excuse not to watch Friday at Glastonbury on the box then. Not a fan at all.

I've never listened to My Bloody Valentine. Maybe I should.

I think Curve and Swervedriver are the only bands on that list I've heard albums by.

a mate of mine sent me that list a couple days ago. he's a bit of a shoegaze fanatic.

i've got 11 of those albums but i don't consider them all shoegaze tbh, which for me should have some danceability. for instance i used to listen to flying saucer attack to go to sleep to in the 90s.

i've never really liked slowdive but haven't listened to that much and found the pale saints a bit wet. surely Loop would be better?

the Telescopes were great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92SmURpDJj4

a mate of mine sent me that list a couple days ago. he's a bit of a shoegaze fanatic.

i've got 11 of those albums but i don't consider them all shoegaze tbh, which for me should have some danceability. for instance i used to listen to flying saucer attack to go to sleep to in the 90s.

i've never really liked slowdive but haven't listened to that much and found the pale saints a bit wet. surely Loop would be better?

the Telescopes were great

12 for me. Loop are a good shout - then I'd have 13 :)

Certainly a few in there that I wouldn't class as shoegaze. Mercury Rev, The Verve and the Kitchens of Distinction to name 3. But if we took them out I'd be down to 10. :(

yeah. no idea why the mercury rev is there. i don't have the verve or KoD albums. KoD were a good band, i saw them as a support once, can't remember for who.

and the boo radleys were decent before that wake up boo! bollocks. i saw them support dinosaur jr i think

i did a dj set with a mate once in the early 90s and we played you made me realise, a proud moment. about 15 tracks, about 5 people who danced, lol.

yeah. no idea why the mercury rev is there. i don't have the verve or KoD albums. KoD were a good band, i saw them as a support once, can't remember for who.

and the boo radleys were decent before that wake up boo! bollocks. i saw them support dinosaur jr i think

i did a dj set with a mate once in the early 90s and we played you made me realise, a proud moment. about 15 tracks, about 5 people who danced, lol.

The Kitchens were ace. Saw them a couple of times. They had a more early-80s post punk sound than shoegaze.

The Kitchens were ace. Saw them a couple of times. They had a more early-80s post punk sound than shoegaze.

definitely post punk over s/g. i wouldn't really consider swervedriver s/g either though i know people who do. interesting to see medicine in there as i got an early single of theirs and didn't really know they'd done very much.
a few nods to the genre in those top 40 lists i guess.

on a different note, just ordered this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d00qIEpPHYE

I went to see PJ Harvey at Brixton Academy last night. Unique and magnificent. Didn't play long enough or enough old songs but other than that, she was great.

brill. bit jealous.

First time I've seen her. One of the few artists where I will buy a new release immediately and have done since Dry, but for some reason I've never managed to get to a gig of hers. I would have liked to have gone to one of her early man-scaring gigs.

After debating a book choice with langers last week (he won) I've had floyd on most weekend...

Back