• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Hilarious comparison aside, it really isn't very good.

I quite like For Emma, Forever Ago but this new stuff is as inaccessible as Kid A was when Radiohead also decided that making actual songs wasn't for them any more.

I love the first two albums but and I do like "difficult" freaky music, but this new one just hasn't grabbed me. It sounds like he wrote lots of songs that sound like they could be on the second album then put them through some software which chopped them up into little pieces and then put them back together again in a random order.

Hilarious comparison aside, it really isn't very good.

I quite like For Emma, Forever Ago but this new stuff is as inaccessible as Kid A was when Radiohead also decided that making actual songs wasn't for them any more.

In fairness, I do see what you mean but for some reason, this album HAS grabbed me - I'm really enjoying it. With a few exceptions, I'm not normally a fan of difficult freaky music (excellent term, SLA) but some of the songs on this album sound amazing when turned up loud with headphones on.

I'm still grumpy about Radiohead. I've been listening to some Pablo Honey/Bends/OK Computer stuff in the car and just makes me think - "what the hell did you do to yourselves after that?!!". Other than disappear up their own arses that is. 99% tuneless nonsense.

Kid A is Yorke's last masterpiece, IMO.

i keep meaning to go back and relisten to some of radiohead's albums, especially the later ones. they've obviously made enough to pursue what they want to musically and personally i think it's good they don't just stick to a format.

i've had some bad luck lately music wise. caught some of sunday brunch yesterday and it happened to be a section where a kaiser chief's song was played. similarly recently on breakfast tv i caught a sophie ellis bextor song. i swear her previous single she also got to perform "live" on BBC breakfast too. i don't have a problem with her but why the fuck does she get this special treatment?

Because the BBC still have a massive guilt trip over sacking her mother from Blue Peter because she was pregnant out of wedlock...

Because the BBC still have a massive guilt trip over sacking her mother from Blue Peter because she was pregnant out of wedlock...

i think they've featured the likes of the kaiser chiefs and other names on there as well tbh, so i don't think that's the reason, interesting as it is as an observation.

i know i'm just moaning but these "celebs"/bands have enough of a marketing budget to look after themselves. they don't exactly need the extra leg up from breakfast tv.

It's probably part of Ricky Wilson's contract for the Voice that Kaiser Chiefs get to perform on BBC programmes.

Anyone lucky enough to get Glastonbury tickets yesterday?

i think they've featured the likes of the kaiser chiefs and other names on there as well tbh, so i don't think that's the reason, interesting as it is as an observation.

i know i'm just moaning but these "celebs"/bands have enough of a marketing budget to look after themselves. they don't exactly need the extra leg up from breakfast tv.

The real question is why the fuck are you watching Breakfast TV and Sunday Brunch? Frankly you deserve all the musical pain you get!

It's probably part of Ricky Wilson's contract for the Voice that Kaiser Chiefs get to perform on BBC programmes.

Voice isn't BBC's anymore. Like the Bake Off they lost it, this one to ITV and Wilson quit the role.

Didn't know that. Any chance they can lose Strictly too? The meltdown by the Strictly fans would be quite amusing.

Kaiser Chiefs are really so fucking shit. Good god!

I checked out my gig tickets the other day. Can't wait til November. Think I've been to about 5 gigs all year (one was a freebie, cash has been tight this year) and all of a sudden I have a few things to go to...

The real question is why the $#@! are you watching Breakfast TV and Sunday Brunch? Frankly you deserve all the musical pain you get!

i expected that response even sooner than it came!

missus always watches brunch. i just sit there and occasionally take note. it was difficult not to notice how badly mor the KC are. one of the guys on it had what looked like some sort of soft wet perm as well. later in the programme Ricky put eye liner on lovejoy and rimmer ffs. just so Ricky could prove he's in with the kids I guess - i mean, how old is the knob?

the breakfast tv thing was a but of a one-off. i certainly didn't expect to see ellis-Bexter on it, especially as I'm sure I'd seen her before on there with an earlier single. hence me feeling unlucky!

The first Kaiser Chiefs album was ok, in a mid 2000s way. It's not dated terribly well.

They seem to be rebranding themselves into a shit version of Years & Years which isn't a good look for them.

The first Kaiser Chiefs album was ok, in a mid 2000s way. It's not dated terribly well.

They seem to be rebranding themselves into a shit version of Years & Years which isn't a good look for them.

The guy that wrote their songs quit before the last album, so that will be why the style is changing

Back