• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

When I was clearing out the garage I found some old c90s. Mostly just my late eighties thrash compilations for my Walkman but two were bootlegs from the Metallica Puppets tour which also had the full Metal Church support set. The sound was abominable as I remember but I loved those tapes.

I don't listen to that stuff much now but amongst the best years of my life. Gap year between 6th form and Uni, money in my pocket from various jobs, battered old Beetle to get around in - up to London a couple of times a week for various gigs at venues that have now mostly gone.

Sorry, I seem to have a bit of grit in my eye...

Pearl Jam - Ten was 1991 too. I worshipped Nirvana as a 13/14 year old but love Pearl Jam far more as an adult. One of my favourite ever bands. I still love Ten and Vs as much now, if not more so, than when I was a teenager.

Mudhoney was where it was at. Touch Me I'm Sick was a seminal track for that scene. Plus the Melvins as well.

Yeah, Mudhoney were the best of the grunge bands IMO. Still listen to them a lot and see them when they're in the country.

I'd forgotten about the bootleg tapes. Used to buy a lot a record fairs. And you'd come out of gigs and there'd be guys with a table full of tapes of the previous night's gig. Like you say, shit quality but you had to have them.

I had a Slayer vinyl bootleg from the Reign In Pain tour. Dreadful quality but an adored part of my collection until decade of aggression came out.

Estranged is a great track. I think because I owned UYI 1 first I like it best. For some reason there was quite a big gap between me owning 1 and 2.

Read an article on BBC about 1991 earlier, comment about Use Your Illusion was that in every double album there is a really great normal album struggling to get out. Very apt I think, some good tracks on I and II, but some really crap ones too.

As a single album it could have been a masterpiece but too much filler across two double albums.

Yeah, it definitely could have made an amazing single album. There aren't many double albums that don't have filler on them though.

Read an article on BBC about 1991 earlier, comment about Use Your Illusion was that in every double album there is a really great normal album struggling to get out. Very apt I think, some good tracks on I and II, but some really crap ones too.

My World

All The World a Stage, the first live album by Rush is 40 years old.

Still brilliant.

Yeah, just like that. Course it does.

Back