• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

The whole album of Life On The Road by David Brent is now on Spotify!

giphy.gif

Listening to this now. Ain't no Trouble is brilliant

Still utterly love Equality Street

First listen of the new Divine Comedy album "Foreverland"....and it's pretty poor. Very disappointed.

Local Natives new album, Sunlit Youth, is out tomorrow. It's a beautiful record - give it a go.

That's disappointing to hear. They're playing here in Nov, was thinking of going
It might get better with a few listens....just first listen was "meh".

Odd thing is the first song on the album (Napoleon Complex) was the last song on the previous one. Slight change in style of it and a line about Margaret Thatcher removed but still a strange thing to do.

Reading Tweets from people who have been to the David Brent & Foregone Conclusion gig tonight. Insanely jealous of them all.

Reading Tweets from people who have been to the David Brent & Foregone Conclusion gig tonight. Insanely jealous of them all.

My mate was there. The bastard. Not heard from him yet but I'm sure he'll give his thoughts on Facebook tomorrow.

Have a feeling he may do a small National tour. Tickets sold out in 12 minutes for this gig.

Turin Brakes are playing at The Slade Rooms at the end of November. Should be an ace gig, unfortunately it's too close to the missus' due date to risk it :(

Turin Brakes are playing at The Slade Rooms at the end of November. Should be an ace gig, unfortunately it's too close to the missus' due date to risk it :(

I'm seeing them on Sunday. They're headlining a little local festival.

Awesome! Not seen them in years. Hope it's a good'un.

Most recent album is pretty good after a couple of very average ones. Early stuff is superb though.

Having never really been a huge fan I backed down and so tomorrow night It's Bruce Springsteen. Hope I come away thinking he really is The Boss.

I'm seeing them on Sunday. They're headlining a little local festival.

They're headlining the Tradfest here in Jan. first time seeing them in 6 years.

As Machin said, great band, two classy singers and the guitar lines are very tight. Their first two albums were brilliant and then they lost it a bit. The new album is great though.

Turin Brakes were a bit meh sadly. Just seemed fairly bland middle-of-the-road indie with a slight country tinge. The songs sounded decent but it didn't really work in a cold field on a Sunday night when mist people had gone home. Probably not helped by following the Dub Pistols who really were superb. There's a band who know how to play a festival.

Back