• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

That's creeping into football as well. You don't have to film a penalty being taken, just watch it you mug. You're there.

My gigs are now chosen on the criteria that I can sit down and know people around me won't have the energy to be a pain. Paul Heaton gigs are perfect for that.

Also Ben Folds fans are too nice to be wankers during his concerts so he is a good bet, especially whilst he is using orchestras to play with. #toooldforthisshit

Never been to a gig on my own though it wouldn't bother me. Like Langers, I enjoy being alone. Go to the pub on my own all the time and used to go the cinema a lot without anyone else.

I've not been to a gig since Oasis at the Ricoh Arena in 2009, just not interested these days. Was tempted to go see Shed Seven and Paul Heaton last year but it didn't happen for various reasons.

Totally off topic, there was an experiment done recently which showed that lots of people prefer being given an electric shock to just sitting alone with their thoughts for 15 minutes.

My gigs are now chosen on the criteria that I can sit down and know people around me won't have the energy to be a pain. Paul Heaton gigs are perfect for that.

Also Ben Folds fans are too nice to be wankers during his concerts so he is a good bet, especially whilst he is using orchestras to play with. #toooldforthisshit

Similar to me then! Although replace Paul Heaton and Ben Folds with Show of Hands and Seth Lakeman.

More wankers at gigs is a big reason for staying away. It might be just the number of things that annoy me has increased as I get older, but I swear there are more twats at gigs than there used to be.

I also think the smoking ban has been awful for gigs. I don't smoke but it did provide atmosphere and masked a host of other much worse smells. Now it's all farts and BO. Horrible.

Totally off topic, there was an experiment done recently which showed that lots of people prefer being given an electric shock to just sitting alone with their thoughts for 15 minutes.

Probably right! I'm a complex man though. I've been on holidays with mates before, eventually they understand I sometimes have to take myself off somewhere to be on my own. Distilling my psyche is a megathread of its own, mind.

Will be seeing Ben Folds on Monday in Brum...also have the pleasure of a meet and greet with him and watching the sound check whilst necking cocktails. Civilised gigging innit

Probably right! I'm a complex man though. I've been on holidays with mates before, eventually they understand I sometimes have to take myself off somewhere to be on my own. Distilling my psyche is a megathread of its own, mind.

The "I like being on my own so fuck off for a bit please" thread - I'll contribute!

The "I like being on my own so fuck off for a bit please" thread - I'll contribute!

Kafka would love a thread where people who want to be alone come together to share their thoughts.

I went on holiday with my mate and his parents for a week in a caravan park and we nearly ended up killing each other. Me and him that is...

Sometimes, you just need your own space.

I used to get all twitchy & fidgety when on holidays with mates (fnarr) after a few days of constantly being around them all the time. Not because they were annoying or anything, just because I needed to have my own space. The worst one was when we were had an apartment and I had to sleep on the sofa bad in the living room. It drove me crazy not having my own room. I think I freaked them out because I snapped after about a week and lost it with them!

I cope much better with not having time to myself these days but that is mainly as I have got used to always having my wife & kids around me and I like having them around. It now feels strange If I am ever by myself. When I first moved in with my wife it freaked me out a bit having somebody there all the time though as I was so used to my own company.

Haven't done a gig by myself before - but don't think it would bother me too much. I used to live next to a mate of mine who pissed off to London (funnily enough he posts on this forum and is a fellow Wolves fan), who I had a similar taste in music to - so I guess you could say we were "gig buddies". But now, every gig I have been to in the last few years has been with the Mrs. She has a good taste in music but just doesn't move and is happy to stand at the back bobbing her head where as I preferred to be a tad more involved.

I do agree with the general consensus, though. There are a lot of arseholes at gigs.

Has there always been lots of arseholes at gigs or do I only notice it now that I am older and more easily annoyed by them?

Also, why is it that if, like me, you are a bit on the shorter side that as soon as the gig starts the world's tallest man pushes in and stands right in front of you?

where as I preferred to be a tad more involved.

gif6.gif

Has there always been lots of arseholes at gigs or do I only notice it now that I am older and more easily annoyed by them?

I think it's a bit of both. I'm far less tolerant these days. People in general are just arsehats.

Yeah, I just hate the general public. There were almost certainly bellends at Wolves games 15-20 years, I must have had greater tolerance towards them then or something. Or I spot them more readily now.

Also, I absolutely hate people with no spatial awareness whatsoever. The worst possible place to endure that is at a gig. Especially if said spawn of satan is armed with a fully charged mobile phone, 2 hours worth of vital conversation with his/her equally annoying chum that literally CANNOT WAIT and is a 'whooper'. Fuck off.

Ugh. I fucking hate whoopers.

When did whooping become fashionable? People never whooped when I started going to gigs. A throaty "yeeaah" was more usual.

And that constant fucking need to be the first one to clap or cheer or...ugh... whoop when a song starts. Yes, we all recognise it, you twat.

And why am I always the person the pillock with four pints in flimsy plastic glasses wants to push past without so much as a by-your-leave, spilling half of it down me?

Still, I once threw up in a girl's hair at Voice of the Beehive and then ran away before she noticed so I'm hardly one to talk.

Ah, the collapsible plastic pint glass. Horror show.

Clue for the makers, if you can amend the shape of it, it isn't a suitable container for liquid.

Back