• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Iggy on Jools. One of the best things I've seen. Never seen the crowd and bands dancing like that. Legend. Absolute hero

Yeah, seen the cats video. Do let me know what the album is like if you don't mind?

This made me :icon_lol: I recall helping a mate pack as he was moving, and was going through his tapes - all were home made compilations. Couldn't help but piss myself at "Feeling $#@!ty 91".

yep, np. not sure when it's due in but let you know once i have it.

and if you want a summer of misery cd, let me know. it's not that bad really!

New Machine Head single is currently being shared on Octane (yeah, I don't know what that is either).

Reminds me of something off Supercharger?

It's a decent little groover, nowhere near as bad as some of their 'classic' stuff..... Sally Cinnamon for example.
Sally cinnamon is great! Lyrics are also tosh though.

Looking forward to the album, hopefully it more of the same.

Palpable excitement at this. Album out 8 July.
Since I Left You was amazing. Can they live up to it? Song (and moreso the video) is nuts.

Going to see Underworld tomorrow! And tomorrow is set to be the hottest day of the year.

Bring it on!

Some new music coming out that I'm very much looking forward to.

Catfish & The Bottlemen (came out last week but I was away on holiday so haven't listened to it yet).

Blink 182, Biffy Clyro & Red Hot Chili Peppers releasing new albums.

New music from The Strokes, Brand New & At The Drive-In.

My favourite band of all time, Incubus, suggesting a new album is in the works.

Safe to say I'm loving it at the moment.

I didn't want to disrupt the top three gig discussion, so I'll ask this here...

Does anyone ever go to gigs alone? I quite like doing it, as it takes away the worry that the other person isn't enjoying a band you've recommended, or that you're not enjoying a band they've brought you to see.

But it does turn you into one of those sad lonely old men you see at gigs who nurse one pint all night, and look a bit lost when the band's not on.

I didn't want to disrupt the top three gig discussion, so I'll ask this here...

Does anyone ever go to gigs alone? I quite like doing it, as it takes away the worry that the other person isn't enjoying a band you've recommended, or that you're not enjoying a band they've brought you to see.

But it does turn you into one of those sad lonely old men you see at gigs who nurse one pint all night, and look a bit lost when the band's not on.

typically only if someone doesn't turn up. i'd have no problem gigging on my own though the busier it is the more of a pain.

I used to go to plenty of gigs by myself, usually as a result of none of my mates liking the band that I wanted to see. I probably wouldn't bother these days but I don't really go to any gigs at all any more. I don't have the time or the money and I find that generally the whole gig experience is just not as good as it was when I was younger.

I barely ever go to gigs any more. I've never been to one on my own, unless I'm at a festival when I've no problem going on a wander and watching a band. I do like my own company!

I went to see Stone Temple Pilots on my own and had a great time! But generally, i buy 2 tickets for a gig and they see who wants to go.
failing that, i drag the missus but she is absolutely shit company at gigs. She reminds me of that Marge Simpson quote- "music is none of my business"

Never been to a gig on my own though it wouldn't bother me. Like Langers, I enjoy being alone. Go to the pub on my own all the time and used to go the cinema a lot without anyone else.

I've not been to a gig since Oasis at the Ricoh Arena in 2009, just not interested these days. Was tempted to go see Shed Seven and Paul Heaton last year but it didn't happen for various reasons.

I used to go to plenty of gigs by myself, usually as a result of none of my mates liking the band that I wanted to see. I probably wouldn't bother these days but I don't really go to any gigs at all any more. I don't have the time or the money and I find that generally the whole gig experience is just not as good as it was when I was younger.

Yeah, I don't go to anywhere near the number I used to. Just can't bothered to schlepp into London. If there's a good band playing more locally, then I might make the effort but even that seems hard work now. Shame because when I do go, I still enjoy it. And most of my old gig-going mates are no longer around (as in not local, not dead) - hence my question about going alone.

My enjoyment of gigs has diminished because of how many people insist on taking appalling quality photos on their smartphones all the way through. Obviously that doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen far too often for my liking. As does talking throughout - even during quieter numbers. It's definitely got worse over the past 10/15 years. I tend to just go to small gigs at a local pub or another small venue where the audience actually respect the artist(s).

Back