• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

I'm getting annoyed with the sheer amount of festivals.
They're making bands tour significantly less, as they can minimise loads of costs by just doing a couple of festival gigs.

I'm getting emails with lists of various festivals too, and it's starting to get annoying.

I'm getting annoyed with the sheer amount of festivals.
They're making bands tour significantly less, as they can minimise loads of costs by just doing a couple of festival gigs.

I'm getting emails with lists of various festivals too, and it's starting to get annoying.

I quite like the smaller ones truth be told. Chance to see some I wouldn't have previously been able to.

New Cate Le Bon lp is as good as ever...(not mug museum tho)
New Parquet Courts lp, better than that last self indulgent pile of wank 12"
they recent put out but not their best.
New Teleman lp,same formula as the last un but not as good.
Lovin the new Explosions in the sky lp too.

What's the Explosions in the Sky album like mate? I do enjoy some of their stuff.

just seen explosions in the sky are playing the institute in october.

Moseley folk festival announced tomorrow.

Hoping for Band of Horses
Dunno if you've seen the line up, but personally I found it a little uninspiring.

I'm debating whether to do to the friday of the blue dot festival. Basically I want to see underworld headline, however Public Service Broadcasting are special guests, so 2 good bands. No-one else on the friday really interests me, but some of the wider events there are something that I may take a look it if I do go.

It's record store day this saturday.
Last year there was 1 record I kinda wanted, but couldn't be bothered to do anything about it on the actual day.
This year, for the first time there is an actual record I do wanna go and get.

Anyone been to a store on RSD? Is it ridiculous, manic and you have to queue for hours? Or is it more sensible than that?

It's record store day this saturday.
Last year there was 1 record I kinda wanted, but couldn't be bothered to do anything about it on the actual day.
This year, for the first time there is an actual record I do wanna go and get.

Anyone been to a store on RSD? Is it ridiculous, manic and you have to queue for hours? Or is it more sensible than that?

It's fucking awful. Long queues of serious looking bald men of a certain age, all turning up at 6am, and all trying to get hold of a reissued Ruts 7". Horrible. The only thing I like about RSD is Radcliffe & Maconie insisting it should be called Record Shop day.

never done a RSD but a ruts 7" may be of interest. And as a serious looking bald man of s certain age I'd hate to miss out!

Dunno if you've seen the line up, but personally I found it a little uninspiring.

I'm debating whether to do to the friday of the blue dot festival. Basically I want to see underworld headline, however Public Service Broadcasting are special guests, so 2 good bands. No-one else on the friday really interests me, but some of the wider events there are something that I may take a look it if I do go.

I did mate and I agree. I like the Coral but they're not worth £40!
Plus the support through the day is weak compared to last year which had Spiritualized headlining plus Anna Calvi, blossoms, Scott Matthews and Vyrll society

never done a RSD but a ruts 7" may be of interest. And as a serious looking bald man of s certain age I'd hate to miss out!

I might have made up the Ruts bit. I did have a look through the list of releases and there's some good stuff, but it just gets on my nerves.

Is this you:

louiso.jpg

I might have made up the Ruts bit. I did have a look through the list of releases and there's some good stuff, but it just gets on my nerves.

Is this you:

View attachment 1293

similar, but more sinister than that.

i guessed you made the ruts up. no way would i get out of bed to queue up at that sort of time.

similar, but more sinister than that.

i guessed you made the ruts up. no way would i get out of bed to queue up at that sort of time.
Just checked- no 7" but there is a Ruts double live LP. Still too early?

Don't know if there are any Milburn fans on here but there are a few tickets going for sale between me and a few of my mates for next weekend if anyone was interested.

Back