• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Jinks - What's the Grandaddy album like? I think the last song I heard by them was AM 180 years ago!

That's on this album, and is the reason I started listening to it again when AM 180 cropped up on Spotify discover playlist last week and reminded me how much I like it!

Like the production on their new lp more than i like the actual record.
Seem to have gone for that muddy Quicksand/Triggerman post hardcore sound
but they just aint got the songs for me.

oops, already ordered this. hopefully there'll be enough to like.

sievehead arrived yesterday. will have a listen later.

oops, already ordered this. hopefully there'll be enough to like.

sievehead arrived yesterday. will have a listen later.

Ah.. dont take any notice of me, yknow music being subjective and all that.
Just after listening to so much of that stuff back then it just doesnt quite compare.

At ATP playing this in its entirety.

Reading lydons autobiography at the mo (read rotten, no irish, no blacks, no dogs a few years ago). Loving it.

Blast from the past, I saw soul asylum have a new album coming out...

Well the Glastonbury three headliners are all a bit meh.

Off to see einaudi this evening.
As it is earth day, he's doing 1 hour of the show with no power to any instruments, and the stage lit solely by candles.

Anyone else heard the new Biffy Clyro song?

I was a bit underwhelmed. The lead singer Simon spent the whole interview (with Zane Lowe) saying how different this new album was going to be and how they were pushing themselves to the limit etc - but then the track sounded exactly like, what you would essentially expect, a Biffy Clyro song to sound like.

Big sounds, quick drumbeat, sing along chorus, guitar riffs galore. It was all a bit... predictable.

The Strawbs, maybe not the greatest, but they did some impressive stuff. The Vision of the Lady in the Lake was and is a classic in my opinion.

Back