• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Faithless have called it a day after 15 years.

I usually steer clear of bands lauded by the NME, however I'm really liking the new album from The Vaccines.

Off to see The Levellers and The Wonder Stuff, thereby ending a 15 year regret for never catching the Stuffies live.

I'm off now to dust the old German Army coat off, don some para's, and wish I had enough hair to give either a creditable undercut, or a set of dreads

Well that was a bit of a strange night, watched the stuffies (Miles Hunt was brilliant, along with the female violinist) then fled the pit that is the O2 Acadamy. How that place has a fire certificate is beyond me, some serious issues there.

Bit pissed I never made the Levellers but I was never really into them, thought the stuffies were top draw... shame about the venue

Why is it 75% of the bands listed in this thread start with "the"... Is there a shortage of band-names overseas?

Well that was a bit of a strange night, watched the stuffies (Miles Hunt was brilliant, along with the female violinist) then fled the pit that is the O2 Acadamy. How that place has a fire certificate is beyond me, some serious issues there.

Bit pissed I never made the Levellers but I was never really into them, thought the stuffies were top draw... shame about the venue

that academy is shite mate. dunno anyone who likes it. me & nww have moaned about it a few times. I went to see James in Leicester rather than the academy.

a mate works in the gigging/touring biz, & he tells me it is getting a really bad rep.

Saw the stuffies on the modern idiot tour. Never a massive fan, but that was a good gig (wolves civic).

Levellers went downhill & became repetitive after their 3rd album imo.

Seen the Stuffies more times than I can remember and they are always brilliant IMO. Erica Knockalls (the violinist) is also Miles Hunt's partner/girlfriend, I saw Miles and her play an acoustic set in the weirdest little venue I've ever been to (it's called 'Bubbles', in Ashington).

He's a lucky man!

I was very close to going mental last night, couldn't get back to the other half. Top band, there's not many left that I always wanted to watch, even managed to catch the doors a few years back, that was special.

Cover versions time.

I've decided to do an iTunes playlist of my favourite covers - what are yours?

Nirvana - Lake of Fire
311 - Love Song
David Bowie - China Girl
George Thoroughgood - One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer
Aerosmith - Come Together
Cake - I Will Survive
Gary Jules - Mad World

Some great shouts that I already have on my list - loving the George Thorogood call there, t3ch. I love the blues sung in a dirrrrrty way.

Sympathy for the Devil - Sandie Shaw
Pressure Drop - David Kitt
American Pie - Killdozer
Can't Get You Out Of My Head - Flaming Lips

This is what I have so far:

Jimi Hendrix - All Along The Watchtower
Johnny Cash - Hurt
Oasis - I Am The Walrus
Stereophonics - Nothing Compares 2U
Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah
Show of Hands - Dakota
The Beatles - Money