• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Another $#@!er I can't stand. Hearing $#@!e like the beautiful south simply makes me want to kill.

$#@!in hell DW. Morissey, Paul Heaton. Jeezus! Football, ok. Music? I'm wondering whether you have the right to an opinion...:icon_wink:

I'll have your head for blasphemy towards The Moz...

Liking Puppets and Led Zep*2 obviously, and that axe is a belting colour. What make?

*get yourself to a wolves game and you may just bump into Robert Plant. He is here a lot

Thanks! That's my baby. My absolute treasure. G&L L-2000 US custom. The color really changes to a light/bright green to a dark green depending on light, but this is an accurate presentation... Unfortunately I don't have any good pics of the bass by itself.

IMG_0723.JPG

I've seen Robert Plant a whole two times in my 23 years of going to Molineux, so judging by those odds, you would be exceptionally lucky to see him at a single random game, let alone bump into him...

Me making it over there and being able to attend a game is a miracle in itself... I'll just have to make sure Robert knows I'm coming ahead of time, I'm sure he'll make a point to attend.

As an aside, when researching teams to follow, I was pretty pumped to see members of my favorite band (Zep), Idle, etc. also being fans. Too cool!

I'm actually liking the back catologue by the Eels. Daisies of the galaxy is top notch..

It's a tough call, but Daisies of the Galaxy is just about my favourite. The latest, Tomorrow Morning, is very good too.

I've seen Robert Plant a whole two times in my 23 years of going to Molineux, so judging by those odds, you would be exceptionally lucky to see him at a single random game, let alone bump into him...

I did it on my 2nd only time at the Mol. Wandered unchecked into the Legends Bar and there he was.

Got booted out before I could have a word though....still pisses me off

T3ch....is that Mer de Noms by A perfect Circle I see? You must be into Tool then if you like APC?

Tool....probably the best live band I've seen. Tremendous.

Nice G+L - Damn fine make and the green is awesome. Should I get myself another ESP that is just the colour I am looking for. (shame they only have it available as a custom shop option)

I've seen him loads of times in The Steve Bull, but always been too starstruck to say anything!

I thought you guys just listened to Oasis all the time...

:stirthepot:

Not alllllll the time, but I still play their albums on a regular basis!! Its quite funny because when i was at high school (94-99) everyone raved about Oasis, but I refused to like them. Instead I insisted that Meat Loaf was the only artist for me...... it was only when i left high school that i really got into them. From there my music taste went backwards (chronologically not tastefully :) ).
I went from Oasis to The Stone Roses, to The Smiths and finally to Led Zeppelin.

T3ch....is that Mer de Noms by A perfect Circle I see? You must be into Tool then if you like APC?

It is. Fantastic album. And yes I must; Tool's Lateralus is the album underneath it! ; )

Nice G+L - Damn fine make and the green is awesome. Should I get myself another ESP that is just the colour I am looking for. (shame they only have it available as a custom shop option)

I've had some ESP's, big fan. I want to get a pointy one for playing metal. That color was only available on G&L's as a custom too. Luckily I bought it used and didn't have to buy the new-custom price! Maybe you'll luck upon one yourself.

From there my music taste went backwards (chronologically not tastefully :) ).
I went from Oasis to The Stone Roses, to The Smiths and finally to Led Zeppelin.

Your taste definitely forward after HS, it appears! :D

I'll have your head for blasphemy towards The Moz...

You tell him, Jase.

He's bigger than me, I'll just act hard while standing behind him.

Bring it bitches...:handbags:

One thing I like about this thread is the eclecticness. Variety is the spice of life.

Puppets is still Metallica's best album. Not a bad top 10/15 t3ch. Garbage 2.0 is quality, I know I have that on vinyl.

I'd replace Dark Side with Pulse though. have that on a 4LP box set. It is very nice.

I am still loving Mogwai's Hardcore will never die... which in th US is out on sub pop.

I've had some ESP's, big fan. I want to get a pointy one for playing metal. That color was only available on G&L's as a custom too. Luckily I bought it used and didn't have to buy the new-custom price! Maybe you'll luck upon one yourself.

As a leftie I doubt it. My Horizon took six months to make and wait for as it is.

Bring it bitches...:handbags:

One thing I like about this thread is the eclecticness. Variety is the spice of life.

Puppets is still Metallica's best album. Not a bad top 10/15 t3ch. Garbage 2.0 is quality, I know I have that on vinyl.

I'd replace Dark Side with Pulse though. have that on a 4LP box set. It is very nice.

I am still loving Mogwai's Hardcore will never die... which in th US is out on sub pop.

I've likely listened to Pulse more than DSotM. It's one of my go-to chill albums... works great for when I'm trying to get some code done at work! Love it. And the live DVD is amazing.

As a leftie I doubt it. My Horizon took six months to make and wait for as it is.

Ah, you're one of those. ; )

Thanks! That's my baby. My absolute treasure. G&L L-2000 US custom. The color really changes to a light/bright green to a dark green depending on light, but this is an accurate presentation... Unfortunately I don't have any good pics of the bass by itself.

IMG_0723.JPG

Me making it over there and being able to attend a game is a miracle in itself... I'll just have to make sure Robert knows I'm coming ahead of time, I'm sure he'll make a point to attend.

As an aside, when researching teams to follow, I was pretty pumped to see members of my favorite band (Zep), Idle, etc. also being fans. Too cool!

Beautiful.

Plant also sups in the Queens Head in Wolverley not too far from here.

I love a return to form...

I nearly wet myself with excitement when I first heard this on Kerrang. It is AWESOME!!!!!! Nate Mendel is a genius on the bass and Pat Smear returns!!!! Got festival crowd pleaser written all over it.

Last edited:
Rope just doesn't do it for me, sounds like a song that never gets out of the intro, much preferred White Limo which isn't even going to be on the new album is it?

Can't be arsed to read back throught the thread! Anyone got 'Build a Rocket Boys' yet? If so, thoughts?

Can't be arsed to read back throught the thread! Anyone got 'Build a Rocket Boys' yet? If so, thoughts?

Yup. It's great. Not as good as TSSK and they've deliberately gone back to how they used to be as there aren't many 'stadium singsongs' but it's an album that improves with every listen.

I don't think new fans will like it, but I've loved them for years so can still appreciate what a great piece of work it is.

Roll on next Tuesday! NIA here I come - cannot wait.

Back