• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Considering some of the tripe mentioned in this thread I'm astounded to see Chili Peppers getting a slating. Anthony Kiedis is a legend and a iconic frontman. Flee is an incredible bass player and John Frusciante plays the guitar beautifully. Of course, like thousands of other bands, their earlier stuff is better than their newer stuff - but I'd hardly say their newer records are 'bad' when you look at some of the other shite gracing the airwaves.

Are you sure you'll get over it, love?

I think they're shit, always have done. Apologies.

Album of choice to keep my ears occupied this week is Paul Heaton - Acid Country.

Hate RHCP all you want; no need to hate on the bass!

Album of choice to keep my ears occupied this week is Paul Heaton - Acid Country.

Another fucker I can't stand. Hearing shite like the beautiful south simply makes me want to kill.

Give us a bit of a Bluetooth next time I see you. Ta.

Fuckin hell DW. Morissey, Paul Heaton. Jeezus! Football, ok. Music? I'm wondering whether you have the right to an opinion...:icon_wink:

I thought you guys just listened to Oasis all the time...

:stirthepot:

Considering some of the tripe mentioned in this thread I'm astounded to see Chili Peppers getting a slating. Anthony Kiedis is a legend and a iconic frontman. Flee is an incredible bass player and John Frusciante plays the guitar beautifully. Of course, like thousands of other bands, their earlier stuff is better than their newer stuff - but I'd hardly say their newer records are 'bad' when you look at some of the other shite gracing the airwaves.

Crazy.

Anyway, I have tickets for Everything Everything at Shepherds Bush Empire in May. Sweet.

Plenty of Chillis in my music collection - great band.

I'm going to disagree about Kiedis though - I saw them during their By The Way tour, and he didn't look arsed whatsoever. I'm sure he was better during their heyday but he was a real let down. Flea was just nuts though - a proper bass player. Loved watching him - and he's not half bad on the ol' 4 string either.

I agree with you on one thing though - better than a lot of the shite out there at the moment.

Plenty of Chillis in my music collection - great band.

i admit to being surprised at seeing this band mentioned. kudos. I only have soft bomb by them but its a good album. I also have a fantastic album - hallzapoppin - by the 3ds also off flying nun. if you want a copy, let me know.

Fuck, just checked this thread, realised I made a mistake. apologies. Thought you'd written the Chills LOL

Last edited:
:icon_lol:

Fail.

Similarly - I have plenty of Pink Floyd in my collection, but no Pink.

I have some Marvin Gaye, but no Gay Dad.

Finally, some bands I recognize...

records_hanging.jpg

Some sweet albums on that there photo there.

They're my 10 favorite of all time. Well, kind of. Some albums I wanted either weren't released on vinyl or were WAAAAY too expensive... Alice in Chains unplugged, Rage Against the Machine (self titled), Garbage 2.0... It's more of a top-15 selection, really.

Liking Puppets and Led Zep*2 obviously, and that axe is a belting colour. What make?

*get yourself to a wolves game and you may just bump into Robert Plant. He is here a lot

I've seen Robert Plant a whole two times in my 23 years of going to Molineux, so judging by those odds, you would be exceptionally lucky to see him at a single random game, let alone bump into him...

I'm actually liking the back catologue by the Eels. Daisies of the galaxy is top notch..

Back