• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

I have discovered that I have a copy of Elbow covering Independent Woman. It's ace!

Oh, and talking of cover versions has anyone had the misfortune to hear the ear poison that is George Michael's cover of New Order's 'True Faith'? I threw up a little in my mouth when it afflicted my senses...

My sister in-law is a Take That fan, and lent me her copy of the CD single of Angels by Robbie Williams as we were talking about cover versions last night. She told me to look out for the b-side.

It's a live version of Williams singing Back For Good, with a heavy chorus. And to be fair, it's fucking ace. And no, I'm not a Take That fan whatsoever.

Still, this cover has been added to my playlist.

Not great quality, but a really top cover of the Stereophonics classic. Show of Hands are an ace band. NWW - you'd like them. Talented people.

Massive Attack - Be Thankful For What You've Got (sublime)
Muse - Feeling Good

Brilliant shout on the Massive Attack one, they were some brilliant early albums.

I'd have to disagree on the Muse one, not that it's a bad version just that the original is so damned good, I think Nina Samone is amazing

Oh, and talking of cover versions has anyone had the misfortune to hear the ear poison that is George Michael's cover of New Order's 'True Faith'? I threw up a little in my mouth when it afflicted my senses...

How to murder a song in just a few moments.

He should banned from making music forever.

How to murder a song in just a few moments.

He should banned from making music forever.

It was literally one of the worst things I have ever seen. And I've seen Olofinjana and Gibson play in the same midfield.

My sister in-law is a Take That fan, and lent me her copy of the CD single of Angels by Robbie Williams as we were talking about cover versions last night. She told me to look out for the b-side.

It's a live version of Williams singing Back For Good, with a heavy chorus. And to be fair, it's fucking ace. And no, I'm not a Take That fan whatsoever.

Still, this cover has been added to my playlist.

He did that at Knebworth with Mark Owen guesting. I seem to remember a mosh pit forming which was a surprise for Robbie Williams

He did that at Knebworth with Mark Owen guesting. I seem to remember a mosh pit forming which was a surprise for Robbie Williams

According to my S-I-L, the version I have was at Manchester Academy, a small sweatpit next to the student's union. It was before he released his debut album. And everyone moshed. I admit to loving this track. Unashamedly.

That Knebworth gig was superb. My guilty secret is liking that gig so much

The Blues Brothers - amazing. I am foot tapping to 'She Caught The Katy' as I type this. Great music.

I know it's not Belushi, but this still rocks:

According to my S-I-L, the version I have was at Manchester Academy, a small sweatpit next to the student's union.

The home of Club Tropicana. A place where it was harder to not pull someone (of varying quality).

Bizarre when you've done all that there and then you have to take your exams in the same room.

The home of Club Tropicana. A place where it was harder to not pull someone (of varying quality).

Bizarre when you've done all that there and then you have to take your exams in the same room.

I had my first exam in my first year in there. Not 6 feet away from where I had to hold back my friend's hair as she vomitted a mere 9 hours before.

The stickiest floor ever.

I had a pair of shoes specifically for Club Trop. No way was I risking wearing my normal ones.

I had a pair of shoes specifically for Club Trop. No way was I risking wearing my normal ones.

wellies.jpg

Back