• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Look forward to reports back from both of you.

I've not a lot on at the mo. Off to see James (yes, again!) at worcester racecourse next week. Penguin Cage in September, and I think that's it for the year, unless I secure alternative employment soon.

the sad are playing the bham acad on 9th Dec now.

DDW, you not seeing Jon Hopkins?

Wow Jon Hopkins is excellent, like Amon Tobin if he was more house inclined. Will defo have to check him out. Watched some live vids and he's not just spinning rekkids, he's actually programming the beats live, riding the synths and tweaking the delay pedals as he goes which is really impressive. Open Eye Signal video is great.

fuck, and Battles man, you have to see them. that's a really good lineup. though id probably be off watching metz and viet cong as well.

Battles are good but some of the vocals do my head in.

If you want one of the best weekends of your life, keep the first weekend of Sept free next year, fly over on the Thursday, come down with me and my mates, rock out in the woods and fly back again.

Battles are good but some of the vocals do my head in.

If you want one of the best weekends of your life, keep the first weekend of Sept free next year, fly over on the Thursday, come down with me and my mates, rock out in the woods and fly back again.

May have to take you up on that one year...

Leeds festival lineup:

CMTQCouWUAEdiXw.jpg

I look at this line up and it makes me sad.

Pixies posted this on their FB page yesterday... what a line up this was. Probably the best Reading Festival I have attended.

11885308_10153542102392442_4277060036438518712_n.jpg

Wow Jon Hopkins is excellent, like Amon Tobin if he was more house inclined. Will defo have to check him out. Watched some live vids and he's not just spinning rekkids, he's actually programming the beats live, riding the synths and tweaking the delay pedals as he goes which is really impressive. Open Eye Signal video is great.

yep, open eye signal is a great song.

festival looks great - wish i was 20 years younger!

This was my one and only Reading Festival in '98. Great lineup IMO. That Sat night was awesome, plus we had Mansun and Page & Plant the night before! Gomez headlining one of the smaller stages too for Machin-esque fans of that band. Toploader on that stage too for Deutsch-esque fans of them.

Amusingly I spent all of Garbage's set on the Sunday night in my car listening to a Spinal Tap CD I'd bought at a stall earlier in the day!

1998.jpg

Can't justify new order prices sadly
With you on that one.

the sad are playing the bham acad on 9th Dec now.

DDW, you not seeing Jon Hopkins?
Meant to mention him last night!
Would like to see the sad. However, academy means no.

T

Amusingly I spent all of Garbage's set on the Sunday night in my car listening to a Spinal Tap CD I'd bought at a stall earlier in the day!
Why weren't you at spiritualized? Possibly at their peak.

LJ, did you see LJ on that Reading line-up Jinky posted? They were doing something called lemon jelly Bingo in the Comedy Tent too.

This was my first Reading. I seem to recall it was pretty shit from start to finish. Seeing the Quire Boys getting bottled off was quite amusing. Slept the weekend in my mate's old Datsun Sunny.

19870830-stranglers-reading-festival.jpg

This was my last Reading which was an improvement.

1990.jpg

Back