• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

I've just brought Alice Coopers from the inside album and it's actually pretty good...

Promoter throws Finley Quaye off after just 30 mins into gig "I don't want to pollute my venue"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hWOk9gL1Mk

Absolutely the right thing to do. Did you hear the music? Jesus. I watched 5 mins of a jam that sounded like them tuning up. Finlay Quaye is a monumental cunt. I saw him play here about 10 years ago and he was in shite form, spent the whole gig complaining about the sound and stropped off after 45 mins. His bassist had to persuade him to do an encore.

Fucking nuts - no upcoming gigs, so thought I'd trawl. Plus a couple of recommendations from friends, & all of a sudden I have a ridiculous potential list.

I've seen the following:
Penguin Cafe (sept, bit of a trek though...)
Jurassic 5 (sept)
Gun (also sept)
Leftfield (oct, bit overpriced though...)
Nitin Sawhney (nov)
Talib Kweli (also nov)

not my cuppa, but sent my mate a link to Steve earle dates.

Oh, & for machin, ben ottwell does a show at the hare in kings heath:
http://hareandhoundskingsheath.skiddletickets.com/event.php?id=12445998

Also appears dave gilmour has a new album out shortly. Rattle that lock in september.

Fucking nuts - no upcoming gigs, so thought I'd trawl. Plus a couple of recommendations from friends, & all of a sudden I have a ridiculous potential list.
There's a fair few gigs later in the year which take my fancy but most mean a bit of travelling which can be a pain in the arse. Guess a lot more will get announced once the festival season is over.

Leftfield, new order, Courtney Barnett, shed seven, Spiritualized

Looking ok for upcoming gigs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ive got wand, & protomartyr, and to decide on ought, metz, titus

Lamb of God VII: Sturm und Drang is rather good I am happy to say. Has anyone got Frank Turner's latest effort yet? (I think it was released on Friday?) - I no longer know what to make of him as everything sounds "Frank Turner" with its folk punk and shouty 'spoken lyric' bombast baseline, plus I find all the "FTHC" merchandise quite sickening now - branded shot glasses, VIP packages, I think I even saw some socks too? Doesn't seem very "punk" to me.

Lamb of God VII: Sturm und Drang is rather good I am happy to say. Has anyone got Frank Turner's latest effort yet? (I think it was released on Friday?) - I no longer know what to make of him as everything sounds "Frank Turner" with its folk punk and shouty 'spoken lyric' bombast baseline, plus I find all the "FTHC" merchandise quite sickening now - branded shot glasses, VIP packages, I think I even saw some socks too? Doesn't seem very "punk" to me.

Didn't know FT had a new album out - I'll have to seek it out and give it a whirl. England Keep My Bones is still the best he's done IMO. I adore that record.

If anyone is an Amazon Prime customer, they have launched their streaming service by which you can listen to albums via their website or apps etc.

I still like Frank Turner, he was great at Glastonbury. The new album is out 7th August.

Back