• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

I like that.

He's touring in September actually, might have to try and catch one of his shows.

Seems like the BBC have blacklisted anything by or related to Neil Young, The Doors, Journey and Bonnie Raitt.

Public Enemy last night at Mostly Jazz were fucking boss.

Every live show I've seen them do has been incendiary. Masters of their craft. Absolutely brilliant.

Watching T in the Park. What's with the sweaties obsession with singing "here we fucking go" every two minutes?

The Prodigy the first decent thing I've see on the T coverage all weekend.

11737890_10152841148357330_7937190938827831819_n.jpg

They are also playing Dublin on the 9th November. Nice of them to skip Cardiff :rage:

For those that missed the Foo Fighters gig:

Milton Keynes - 5-6 September

On sale Friday. Pre-sale for Wembley ticket holders on Wednesday

http://foofighters.com/post/123965000282/september-5th-and-6th-milton-keynes-bowl

No replacement for Murrayfield? They just refunded us so we are in the scrum behind those who held Wembley tickets. Oh well. Maybe I am just destined not to see them.

EDIT - There is a replacement on 8th September. Tuesday night again. Hmmmm. Don't think we will be going.

Question. Where do peeps buy their physical music from nowadays?
I started searching for a cd released not too long ago, & the only place I could find it was those tax dodging scumbags amazon for £19. I refuse to pay that.
Unable to find it pretty much elsewhere online. ebay had one, in australia...

What do others do? & where do you shop?

I started searching for a cd released not too long ago, & the only place I could find it was those tax dodging scumbags amazon for £19. I refuse to pay that.

I've used quite a few independents. I find it's still worth shopping around if you don't want to get ripped off or if you're looking for exclusive releases which amazon tend not to get. the independent I've used most does wait to send everything out at the same time so sometimes you have to wait a bit - I guess it keeps their postage costs down (they charge a standard). Let me know if you want to check them out.

Amazon, ebay, Base, Hive...in fact I do a quick search here http://www.best-cd-price.co.uk/ and it'll find the best price

I've used quite a few independents. I find it's still worth shopping around if you don't want to get ripped off or if you're looking for exclusive releases which amazon tend not to get. the independent I've used most does wait to send everything out at the same time so sometimes you have to wait a bit - I guess it keeps their postage costs down (they charge a standard). Let me know if you want to check them out.
Have used piccadilly a few times, and normans. Are we talking rough trade? Or are there others? I'd be interested matey.

Amazon, ebay, Base, Hive...in fact I do a quick search here http://www.best-cd-price.co.uk/ and it'll find the best price
Tried it & got a not found! Dang!

Have used piccadilly a few times, and normans. Are we talking rough trade? Or are there others? I'd be interested matey.

Tried it & got a not found! Dang!

it was norman records i was thinking of so you know them

if you follow them on twitter you may get some other indie shop suggestions which may be of help.

i've bought from 'what records' as well.

bought loads from rough trade.

i used to search on play mainly for cheaper prices, but they don't have anything unusual on there tbh assuming they're still around

Metz are playing the Hare by the way. their tour is supported by Protomartyr which would have been excellent, but they're not playing the Hare date which is disappointing to say the least. Titus playing there as well in Nov.

Back