• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Not watched a lot, but did quite enjoy Rudimental.

As DDW said, Kanye was absolute fucking guff. The epitome of someone disappearing up their own arsehole.

Oh and if DDW is reading this/watching Glastonbury, what are the blue things stuck on the drum skins? Mics?

I think they're damping gel pads so you don't get resonance through the drum or sticks. (I'm sad enough that I recognise damping materials in any guise)

I think they're damping gel pads so you don't get resonance through the drum or sticks. (I'm sad enough that I recognise damping materials in any guise)

If they didn't have wires coming out of them, then yeah, they are called moon gel dampeners

Just googled them. Look like an interesting bit of kit.

I used to use them but stopped as after a while the natural adhesive in them picked up dust and hairs etc, and eventually they wouldn't stay stuck to the skin and would bounce off if you attacked the drum with force.

A little bit of tissue held down with duct tape worked for me

Chris Squire, one of the founder members of Yes, has sadly passed away. He was a truly superb bass player, and was pivotal in the success of Yes. Back in the day of the supergroup, Yes were up there with the best.

Rest in peace Chris. We have lost a fantastic musician.

An absolutely fabulous bassist and composer, RIP.

I said I wasn't going to watch any of this, but we put the Lionel Ritchie set on, and he absolutely killed it. Fantastic performance. He isn't my cup of tea, but he oozes stage presence and class.

Showed that mess Kanye how to do it. Quality performance.

I hate Alt-J. As I said on the Bands You Hate thread they have the look and stage presence of geology students.

My god, Jamie T is an arrogant, aggressive, lairy, disagreeable & talentless little cunt-rag isn't he?

Lovely to see the Who playing Behind Blue Eyes. Stick that in your pipe Durst. This is how it should be done.

Back