• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Yeah, second headliner. Just started watching his set now. Very good.

Yeah, second headliner. Just started watching his set now. Very good.
He is incredible live, seen him 3 times now and still don't think he's missed a single note yet. Never seems to be very happy/comfortable on stage though which does sort of take a little away from the performance at times.

His backing band has changed recently you, other than India, the woman who plays an insane array of instruments, and now he seems even more ill at ease.

I love his music but sense there's possibly a bit of Cobain-esque dislike of the attention it's bought him. Wouldn't be surprised if he went off the rails or just disappeared at some point.

He's played a different guitar on every sing so far, the bloody big time Charlie.

That awkwardness seems to suit the stuff from his second album. A bit darker and more exploratory. All good if you ask me.

Oh and if DDW is reading this/watching Glastonbury, what are the blue things stuck on the drum skins? Mics?

That awkwardness seems to suit the stuff from his second album. A bit darker and more exploratory. All good if you ask me.
He seems to be getting progressively darker, 2nd album noticeably more morose than the 1st and if you search YouTube there are plenty of more upbeat songs from before he made it big. Another thing that leads to my quasi-Cobain theory, the dislike influencing his writing.

He done any of his awkward looking playing from over the top of the neck? Not really sure why he does that.

I'm determined one day to see him play one of his songs where he lays the guitar on his lap to play some percussion on it.

He's not done any of that yet (the looking over the neck thing), seems to be looking out to the crowd a lot really.
Not convinced about your theory. I think he's enjoying the freedom to be more creative and experimental.

Oh and if DDW is reading this/watching Glastonbury, what are the blue things stuck on the drum skins? Mics?

They are triggers linked to effects.

Someone will have an effects board where you can switch them from song to song. Each hit on the drum goes through a computer into the sound system, used to see a lot of death metal bands use them to get that flat Slayer style sound

Kanye West lol.
Unwatchable.

He sounds like a nightmare after a weekend on the piss.

Stage set is awful too.
Such a bad booking by the Eavis's

It's not working at all. He's not got enough gravitas to command the whole stage on his own, and those fucking lights are really irritating.

I haven't been able to tolerate him since Yeezus dropped, and I absolutely adored him prior to that.

Now he's using a fucking auto-tune on his vocal. Prick.

All of 808's & Heartbreak was autotune but it was still a fabulous album.

If you can't sing, don't.

If you can, don't autotune.

Why is his stage set trying to recreate an empty warehouse? His stuff is just godawful too.

Just watching Suede over on BBC4. They're still bloody great! Though the guitarist Richard wotsisname has put some timber on.

Is it not Bernard Butler?

No he left donkeys years ago before they released Coming Up.

Oh right. He was a good guitarist from what I remember. It was more my sister into Suede than me really.

Bernard Butler is an absolutely superb guitarist.

Richard Oakes is good too, but clearly styled himself on Bernie.

Back