• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Seeing as people are mentioning maximo park, they've announced a tour.

Too excited for Glastonbury now.

Biggest clash is on the Sunday for me after repeated line-up analysis,

Chemical Brothers v Flying Lotus. Bastard.

I'm with Mark on this.

I've heard the songs but had no idea they were by James. I hadn't heard of James outside of the forum either.

Just because you're all old gits don't take it all out on us...

I did think those songs sounded incredibly dated when I had a listen too, so no great surprise they've not really been passed down the generations with any great success.

I have a bit of a challenge for the TWF community. I'm getting married later this year and there are 2 x two hour sessions to fill with decent music but not for dancing, more a drinks after the ceremony and chill out after dinner. We've been given a free reign on the playlist.

As some folk on here have wide selection of music tastes and styles it would be good to get your opinions and song choices*. Feel free to suggest what you like, although death and heavy metal are ruled out.

*there will be no Smiths or Morrisey suggestions taken up as we both hate them.

nicely stuff?
open for you - triffids
California owls - death and vanilla
anything by beach house, their songs all sound the same. zebra, the hours.
another day - this mortal coil
lady of the North - gene Clark
ballad of El goodo - big star
Pink moon - Nick drake
Etc

Walked past the Blur tourbus parked up in Whitmore Reans at lunch. Not a sentence I'd ever thought I'd write.

You and Missus looking more for dancey music or chilling music?

I reckon you should play the Reins of Castamere.

I have a bit of a challenge for the TWF community. I'm getting married later this year and there are 2 x two hour sessions to fill with decent music but not for dancing, more a drinks after the ceremony and chill out after dinner. We've been given a free reign on the playlist.

As some folk on here have wide selection of music tastes and styles it would be good to get your opinions and song choices*. Feel free to suggest what you like, although death and heavy metal are ruled out.

Zero 7 - Simple Things (the whole cd would be perfect tbh)
Sam Smith
Anything by Al Green
Air - Moon Safari
The Doors - Love Her Madly
Fun Loving Criminals - 100% Colombian
Fleetwood Mac - Everywhere
Morcheeba - The Sea
St Germain- Tourist ( full album)

Grounds for Divorce - elbow
let's Stay together - Al green
Love will tear us apart - joy division
I am trying to break your heart - wilco
Gold digger - Kanye west

Get you started?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You and Missus looking more for dancey music or chilling music?

More chilled as its between ceremony/ meal and meal/ evening reception. Although dance music suggestions for the evening will not be ignored :)

Cheers Nimrod and DDW just the type of thing I was after. I have The War on Drugs in there too.

Jolemai - is that the most depressing thing you could find? Did make me look at Sigur Ros's other stuff though.

Back