• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Glastonbury isn't about the headliners or who's playing on the big stages. There will always be something on that you'll enjoy.
Bang on. I'm now just praying for wall to wall sunshine.

St Ettienne announce a show at leamington.
Oh for a night with Sarah Cracknell...

Bang on. I'm now just praying for wall to wall sunshine.

ha ha thats the dream. I like the Glasto lineup most years as I see the bands 2 months later at Electric Picnic, I think this years lineup is superb. We're a bit luckier in the fact we have Blur and Underworld and the Manics headlining too, but its almost the same.

I don't suppose you are the guy who brings the Wolves flag to the Pyramid stage every year?

John Peel stage has a decent line up - Enter Shikari, Suede, Franz Ferdinand, Death From Above 1979, Circa Waves, Peace, Django Django... I'd watch all of them. The 'main' attractions are extrememly "meh" and I would avoid the main stage like the plague.

I don't suppose you are the guy who brings the Wolves flag to the Pyramid stage every year?
Not me, but there are a group of them every year dressed in Boer War soldier uniforms. They must take it in turns to get the prominent TV camera positions at each stage.

John Peel stage has a decent line up - Enter Shikari, Suede, Franz Ferdinand, Death From Above 1979, Circa Waves, Peace, Django Django... I'd watch all of them. The 'main' attractions are extrememly "meh" and I would avoid the main stage like the plague.

It's not Franz Ferdinand, it's FFS (Franz Ferdinand and Sparks) and they're fucking terrible. It's like if Franz Ferdinand spent up all their cash advance on hookers and train sets, and the only way they could finish the album and tour was to get their old rocker uncle and his weird friend to join the band and use their gear & pension money. It's awkward, weird and doesn't work on any level.

Franz Ferdinand has always been awkward, weird, and dysfunctional on every level.

Enter Shikari are one of my most hated bands ever!

The Daft Punk and Radiohead ones are pretty smart.

James (the band) are consistently one of the best live experiences ever. Their albums too are sources of beauty. Laid, Wah Wah, Seven, La Petit Mort, The Night Before, Gold Mother, Hey Ma, Live 2008, Whiplash & so much more fantastic stuff.
Ower james (the poster) is a belmer of the highest order & it fucks me off when people try confusing the 2.

Back