• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

No worries.
Girl Talk is fucking awesome. I'd love him to come to the UK, but that's a pipe dream I guess.

If you want to pm me with a list of bands/artists/tracks you like, that'd be fine. If you post it here, might wanna pm me anyway to make sure I don't miss it!

Saw the Go! Team in Guildford last night. Excellent gig if a bit short. Weird that it wasn't that long ago that they were Mercury nominated for their first album and tipped for big things and now they're playing tiny venues like the Boileroom.

Huh. Found out that Alice Glass walked out on Crystal Castles last December :(

Meanwhile, here's the new single and the remaining member (Ethan Kath) is having to ward off criticism regarding the vocals. People are saying it's either him or a computer voice rather than the credited "Edith".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p6Z-9AwRrU

Saw the Go! Team in Guildford last night. Excellent gig if a bit short. Weird that it wasn't that long ago that they were Mercury nominated for their first album and tipped for big things and now they're playing tiny venues like the Boileroom.

Happens though doesn't it. Roni Size effectively only did 1 album. A lot of hype bands will live off 1 album for far too long.

That said, some of the best gigs ever are in small places like you were at last night.

For Paddy, & other local metal/thrash afficionado's, Slayer play the academy in brum in november.

Public Enemy are supporting the prodigy on their arena tour in december.
Do I go simply to see PE?

Happens though doesn't it. Roni Size effectively only did 1 album. A lot of hype bands will live off 1 album for far too long.

That said, some of the best gigs ever are in small places like you were at last night.

To be honest, I only really enjoy gigs in small venues now. Probably because there are less people to get annoyed by. Gigs can make me quite grumpy these days, what with all the phones and the talking and the going to bar and the farting (smoking used to cover the smell) and the tall people and the people who whoop.... I could go on but it's not the annoy thread.

11143634_10152740903825964_4996317499914862149_o.jpg

First year I can remember when that line up does absolutely nothing for me whatsoever. Plenty of acts I'd like to see, but I've seen most of those before.

There's nothing to get excited about there, and you just know the BBC coverage will be interuppted every 10 mins with a "How great are the Foo Fighters/What an amazing human being Dave Grohl is..." piece. Urgh.

There's quite a few away from the main stages I'd like to see or see again.

Lionel Richie is probably good.

Clashing hell for me.

Glastonbury isn't about the headliners or who's playing on the big stages. There will always be something on that you'll enjoy.

Clashing hell for me.

Glastonbury isn't about the headliners or who's playing on the big stages. There will always be something on that you'll enjoy.

You're, well I'm, kind of limited to what the BBC show on the old red button though. That will be the main headliners and the "novelty" acts (Lionel Richie, George Clinton etc).

Normally I'd be milling around the Avalon Stage and West Holts area - I rarely used to go to the main stages. But even then the acts who I'd love to see (Kloot, Seth Lakeman etc) I've seen several times already.

Still would love to be able to go, doesn't really matter if the line up is uninspiring.

And I hate the BBC coverage. Totally fails to capture what the atmosphere is about - unless you stay around the main stages.

What irks me the most is their choice of presenters. For example, the Metallica set last year was fantastic and critically acclaimed, but whoever that pleb was on afterwards was being a right idiot. Granted he's not a Metallica fan but you could see how he was grudgingly agreeing to how good the set was and how he was trying really hard to pick a fault with it.

We're talking Paddy levels of hatred right there towards him.

Was it Greg James? The guy is like an A-Level student on work experience that has accidentally been given a job.

Back