• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

What a shit name for a band. Both of them.

It's easy to get would up or annoyed.

Blur are due to play Newhampton Arts Centre in June.

"The gig is open to members of the Blur fan club and The Social - a local club night run in conjunction with regulars at Newhampton Arts Centre, meaning tickets will not be going on general sale."

Boooo. Not that I'm a huge fan, but it will most likely be a great gig.

Son Of Dave is at the Rainbow in brum saturday, & I'm not sure I can be arsed to go on my own.

Luke Jackson is playing at Katie Fitzgeralds on Saturday as part of the Stourbridge folk festival this weekend. Really looking forward to that - I think I'm seeing the Bushburys (playing with Eddy Morton and Sunjay - who TSB will know) on the Friday as well.

http://www.stourbridgefolkclub.com/stourbridge-folk-festival

Should be a top weekend.

Always thought Bruce sounded well out of sorts in that concert.

Eurovision: 6/4 Sweden, 11/4 Russia, 7/2 Italy, 6/1 Belgium(from 40/1), 9/1 Australia, 25/1 Estonia, Israel, 33/1 Latvia, Norway,Serbia.

Any price the soft UK song.

Saw 2 gigs at Katie Fitzgeralds over the weekend - The Bushburys on Friday who were great fun, and Luke Jackson on Saturday (one of less than 20 people watching him!) who was absolutely incredible. Such a shame the audience was so small, but it certainly didn't stop him playing a brilliant set. And I got to speak to him and get a couple of his albums signed. Such a nice young lad too.

I also won the raffle on Friday night!

One of my favourite artists, an American guy called Jonah Matranga, is playing Stourbridge on July 17th. He is playing some place called Scarycanary the Venue. I'd recommend going to watch him if you get the chance. He usually only plays to about 30 people as he's not that well known but he's an excellent live performer and whenever I've been to see him he doesn't charge that much for his tickets. He's also super friendly and usually hangs around afterwards selling merch and chatting to fans.

One of my favourite artists, an American guy called Jonah Matranga, is playing Stourbridge on July 17th. He is playing some place called Scarycanary the Venue. I'd recommend going to watch him if you get the chance. He usually only plays to about 30 people as he's not that well known but he's an excellent live performer and whenever I've been to see him he doesn't charge that much for his tickets. He's also super friendly and usually hangs around afterwards selling merch and chatting to fans.

Scary Canary is awesome. They have Holdens Golden Glow and Dark Star APA on as regular beers for a start!! Thanks for the heads up - I might take a look as I'm child-free that weekend.

Just booked a couple of tickets for me and my daughter to see Maximo Park in Brum the week before Christmas.

I won't tell her until a few days before. She is 20 but will still explode with excitement. They are going to play 'A Certain Trigger' in full.
She knows every word of every song. (I love the album as well!)

Should be a top night of Father/Daughter bonding.

Back