• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Jeez i was way out.....twas 91 at Reading festival....Powerhouse would have been 84 85?
--------------------/QUOTE]

yep, '85 I think. they did the powerhouse twice in6 months iirc in and around the first album.

Hmm. Trying to work out what the venue used to be. Was it Glass House?

No - it was the old McDonalds - opposite the passageway to the bus station.

Not sure of the old place but i think SC also run a clothes shop selling harringtons, fred perrys etc..
remember seeing it in the alleyway by the Talbot pub

Yeah, they used to - same people, their lease expired for their shop so they changed retail for entertainment and started up their bar instead. It does film nights as well sometimes, though I haven't been to one yet. There was a write up about them in the Stourbridge News - http://www.stourbridgenews.co.uk/le...zy__year_for_Stourbridge_venue_owners/?ref=mr

Jeez i was way out.....twas 91 at Reading festival....Powerhouse would have been 84 85?
--------------------/QUOTE]

yep, '85 I think. they did the powerhouse twice in6 months iirc in and around the first album.

Your right one was 84 and the other in 85...
Interestingly (according to sisters wiki) those early brum gig years went like this.

Thu, 25-Nov-1982: Birmingham - England - Selly Oak - Bournbrook Hotel

Fri, 21-Jan-1983: Birmingham - England - Fighting Cocks

Fri, 25-Mar-1983: Birmingham - England - Golden Eagle

Sat, 07-Apr-1984: Birmingham - England - Tin Can Ballroom aka Fantasy Club

Wed, 23-May-1984
: Birmingham - England - Tin Can Ballroom

Tue, 09-Oct-1984: Birmingham - England - Powerhouse (black october tour)

Tue, 26-Mar-1985: Birmingham - England - Powerhouse (tune in turn on burn out tour)

The entire of 1981 makes for interesting reading...every gig in Yorkshire cept one at Bingley Hall..ha.

I saw the sisters at the powerhouse. disappointingly I never made it to the tin can before it closed. xmal deutschland played there and I wish i'd gone to that. I saw a few bands at the powerhouse - the cult - dreamtime tour, husker du.

It appears Spiritualized are headlining the saturday at moseley folk.

Definitely.
Interested in seeing spiritualized - new album due september. I'd like to see sugarhill at mostly jazz too.

I heard Leftfield's new track earlier. Not normally my sort of thing but it was excellent.
I'm not sure on it yet. I LOVE leftism, superb album, and really loved seeing leftfield live. I need to give it a few more listens I think.
Yes, very eclectic mix, also cracking tits on The Unthanks :)
I have to admit I thought exactly the same!

tortoise, lightning bolt & loop...all as support!

tortoise, lightning bolt & loop...all as support!

That is an incredibly (brilliant) strange support bill for GZA.
------------------------

And Cameron can stick trident up his arse.

"There's the threat of the nuclear bomb
We know it's wrong
We know it's wrong
Is there a chance for peace?
Will the fighting ever cease?
Mankind's almost out of luck
A maniac could blow us up

I am not afraid of life
I am not afraid of life

But I get down on my knees and I pray
Is there hope for the world today?‎"
<span lang="en">