• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Any thoughts on a new vinyl chart?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32251994
I know, since moving last summer I've bought 3 records (all double vinyl) and have to be honest, there IS something about putting a record on that is different from a cd. When the public service broadcasting album arrived I loved putting the record on, turning it over, and just generally enjoying it!

Any thoughts on a new vinyl chart?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32251994
I know, since moving last summer I've bought 3 records (all double vinyl) and have to be honest, there IS something about putting a record on that is different from a cd. When the public service broadcasting album arrived I loved putting the record on, turning it over, and just generally enjoying it!

Have you noticed the git in the picture is actually touching the vinyl, that was sacrilege in my day and would have been dealt a retribution of Saudi Arabian proportions :steam:

Have you noticed the git in the picture is actually touching the vinyl, that was sacrilege in my day and would have been dealt a retribution of Saudi Arabian proportions :steam:

That still is sacrilege my dear fellow. I get jumpy when strangers handle the record covers I possess!

he's certainly fucked that first track up. oh, it's ok, I think its a u2 record, so he's just improved it.

New series of Jools got off to cracking start last night. Superb line-up (The Vaccines aside):

Blur
The Vaccines
Natalie Prass (my particular highlight)
Davina & The Vagabonds
Songhoy Blues (like an African Arctic Monkeys, but smilyer)
Laura Marling (she's loat her mind a little bit methinks)

Anyway, looking on YouTube for more Natalie Prass I found this video

How awesome!

Judging by the released line up, I guess langers may be relieved he hasn't got a glastonbury ticket this year.

Judging by the released line up, I guess langers may be relieved he hasn't got a glastonbury ticket this year.

It hasn't shown all the acts on the Avalon stages and whatnot but yeah, it doesn't look very good at all to me.

I'll never be relieved not to be going though - weak line up or not! I really miss it.

See the bluetones have announced a tour. Never saw them first time round.

Reading Festival 98 is where I saw them.

Were they any good? Expecting to Fly was a great album for its time. TBH never gave them much of a thought since then.

I saw them at Glastonbury in 2000. Saw so many bands of that ilk that year but they didn't really stand out amongst them though. Perfectly decent live act - Slight Return obviously the highlight.

Back