• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Personally I appreciate that Kendrick doesn't use samples as liberally as, say, Kanye West. But that's a very subjective thing. At any rate if your problem with Kendrick is the beats you may have to take that up with Dr. Dre who I know for sure produced GKMC and I think (but don't quote me) also produced TPAB.

Either way IMHO Kendrick and Childish Gambino are masters of the craft and easily are hip-hop's two leading artists at the moment. No one outside of Run The Jewels (Killa Mike and El-P) even comes close.

Thats the beauty of music, everyones got their own take.

FWIW, my tastes in my music are ridiculously eclectic. I played drums in a metal band for years, yet I go raving at the weekends and Im listening to Pink Floyd right now.....

And that's how everyone should be, you must have an open mind (unless its anything LemonJelly posts on here :) )

On the hip hop tip, mostly jazz (which accompanies moseley folk) has sugarhill feat the furious five feat melle mel, and also pharcyde playing. I'm very tempted.

On the hip hop tip, mostly jazz (which accompanies moseley folk) has sugarhill feat the furious five feat melle mel, and also pharcyde playing. I'm very tempted.

Did you just shake a bag of words and arrange them ad hoc in that reply?

Heard this on the radio yesterday,

It has riveted into my brain ever since :)

Heard this on the radio yesterday,

It has riveted into my brain ever since :)

Saw these live in the 80's..werent a goth miself but they were great live and the Sisters fans made an impressive pyramid during the gig.

All this rap/hip hop talk is giving me a headache.

I'm all over Honeyblood at the moment.

On Friday, I went to a new bar that's just opened in Stourbridge - it's very different to anywhere else in town, serves excellent ale (Dark Star APA and Holdens Golden GLow from the barrel and plenty of bottled beers) and has live music. The dude who played was bloody brilliant - from a band called Esperi (essentially a one man band bar a couple of tracks where he has a few guest musicians help him out). He did a load of loops using all sorts of different instruments and objects to build the songs up which I've seen before but not to that extent. Had a chat with him after the gig and bought 2 of his CDs.

Great stuff. I loved this track:

http://esperi.bandcamp.com/track/hearts-part-2

Hmm. Trying to work out what the venue used to be. Was it Glass House?

Hmm. Trying to work out what the venue used to be. Was it Glass House?

Not sure of the old place but i think SC also run a clothes shop selling harringtons, fred perrys etc..
remember seeing it in the alleyway by the Talbot pub

Back