• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Yeah they were decent. Their guitar player was pretty good.

Wouldn't have Slight Return in my top five Bluetones tracks tbh.

Are You Blue Or Are You Blind?
Bluetonic
If
Keep The Home Fires Burning
Solomon Bites The Worm

Wouldn't have Slight Return in my top five Bluetones tracks tbh.

Are You Blue Or Are You Blind?
Bluetonic
If
Keep The Home Fires Burning
Solomon Bites The Worm

I don't really know them well enough - I should give them a go TBH as I do like them.

Are You Blue Or Are You Blind & Bluetonic are definitely their best 2 tracks. I liked Marblehead Johnson too. I had all the singles off Expecting to Fly, their B-Sides were pretty nifty too. I haven't listened to them in years though - I don't even think I own Expecting to Fly on CD, I think I had a copied tape of it. I was always a fan of the guitar player too Bear.

The B-side to Solomon Bites The Worm was a particular favourite of mine:

Yeah that was one that I remember liking. I liked Colorado Beetle too, can't remember which single that was on though.

That Singles and B-Sides compilation is on Spotify btw.

My top 5 would probably be:

Slight Return
If
Solomon Bites The Worm
After Hours
Liquid Lips

My Neighbours House is really good too.

I'll give it a listen - probably one of those I'll recognise a load of songs from once I hear them.

Had a listen earlier. Amazing how you can still remember the words to songs you haven't heard for years!

Followed by a loud blasting of "If You Want Blood" by AC/DC.

Rather metal-by-numbers for me. You'd be satisfied with it as a first run-through if you were practicing in your garage but nothing beyond that.

Having a bit of a debate as to whether I can be arsed to go to a record shop tomorrow for 1 specific release.
I suspect I can't.

Having a bit of a debate as to whether I can be arsed to go to a record shop tomorrow for 1 specific release.
I suspect I can't.

At the shop's round here, you have to go and queue up from stupid o' clock to get a look in on RSD. Not worth the bother. And everybody in the queue looks like the bald bloke from High Fidelity.

Picky eating and laziness? Stop trying to chime in on my thing!
:icon_lol: #trendsetter
At the shop's round here, you have to go and queue up from stupid o' clock to get a look in on RSD. Not worth the bother. And everybody in the queue looks like the bald bloke from High Fidelity.
Yeah, that's pretty much my thinking.

Been to see Frank Iero at King Tut's in Glasgow tonight. :icon_lol:

Was every bit as appalling as you'd imagine it to be but a free ticket so can't complain. It was a gig and there was beer so I was happy.

Back