• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Cheers. Well that's 'okay'. I like it, but it's not as good as their previous stuff. There's nothing all that special about it that grabs me though.

No doubt I'll get a copy of the album and see what it's like.

Nowhere near as good as Elbow.

My mate raves about Elbow - I just don't get it. I can appreciate that they are musically talented, they craft a decent song but I just lose interest in them after a couple of tracks. Radiohead went the same way for me...trying too hard to show how good they are.

My mate raves about Elbow - I just don't get it. I can appreciate that they are musically talented, they craft a decent song but I just lose interest in them after a couple of tracks. Radiohead went the same way for me...trying too hard to show how good they are.

I agree with this. Don't get Elbow at all. Every song I hear just seems to be one long emotional climax designed to be a stadium singalong. There might be more to them on the albums but the well-known songs haven't made me want to investigate further.

I agree with this. Don't get Elbow at all. Every song I hear just seems to be one long emotional climax designed to be a stadium singalong. There might be more to them on the albums but the well-known songs haven't made me want to investigate further.

I'd say that a couple of tracks on The Seldom Seen Kid were the first real anthemic songs they did (with a few exceptions such as Grace Under Pressure). Even the last few albums have had some very interesting tracks on, in amongst the more 'radio friendly' singles. Before TSSK was released, they played much smaller venues which suited the songs they did.

I think they're great musicians, Guy Garvey has one of the best voices around at the moment and they're a thoroughly entertaining live act. And the production on their albums is awesome.

The most I have ever been entertained by Guy Garvey was when he read one of the bedtime stories on Cbeebies.

I'm not one for Mumford & Sons either, all their songs sound the same to me. Although, I recently got into an American folk band called The Head and The Heart - their debut album sounds a bit like how Mumford & Sons may sound if they weren't so bland. Just my opinion though, I'm sure others think some of the bands I like are a load of shite!

I'd say that a couple of tracks on The Seldom Seen Kid were the first real anthemic songs they did (with a few exceptions such as Grace Under Pressure). Even the last few albums have had some very interesting tracks on, in amongst the more 'radio friendly' singles. Before TSSK was released, they played much smaller venues which suited the songs they did.

I think they're great musicians, Guy Garvey has one of the best voices around at the moment and they're a thoroughly entertaining live act. And the production on their albums is awesome.

You say potato, I say I don't get Elbow. :)

I never really consider musicianship in bands. Some of my favourite bands can barely play two chords and can't sing for shit.

i quite liked the first elbow album in a relaxing sort of way. it's the only one I have though. i bought TSSK for a mate once and he stills gives me crap about it today, didn't like it at all. he doesn't like all the music I like either, maybe 40% and none of my noisy stuff. given how so many raved about elbow I thought he'd probably like it.

i don't listen to royal blood, but apparently they don't get on with spectres. i like the spectres album.

Muse's new single. It's decent enough without ever being too exciting.

I can't stand her wailing voice. Annoys the hell out of me.

Can't help but feel that it was muse by numbers above.

F&TM, meh. I merely pay no attention.

Listened to The Race for Space by PSB over the weekend. Loving that album.

Kanye West announced as Saturday night headliner at Glastonbury.

That'll keep someone busy on the bleep button back at the BBC when they broadcast it.

Would have been a good show 6/7 years ago. I have no intention of standing and watching one of his rants for half an hour though so as much as I love some of his early music, I won't be watching him.

Back