• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Two CDs into Goldie's Masterpiece compilation and it's very good stuff. One more to go and then on to Fabio & Grooverider doing their version.

Heard Courtney Barnett on Radio 6 last week and really, really enjoyed it. Checked a bit of her stuff out over the weekend and I like it a lot.

Erm, what?!

great isn't it. try listening to it late at night, with the lights out. probably followed by good morning, captain!

it's like the soundtrack to some epic Japanese horror film

don't worry, it won't go on any end of year cd. it's a bit too niche for that. what have you made of the 2014 effort?

I have been co-hosting a monthly music night in Stourbridge in the last year and we've just released a compilation album featuring some of the artists who have performed. It's the first time I have ever been involved in something like this and it has been great craic.

The album is raising money for The Stourbridge Foundation 4 Music and is available to download from Amazon, iTunes and Google Play

Born Bred Believes - Ian Marrey
We Gotta Run - The Empty Can
The Battle for Stourbridge - Eddy Morton
Take Me Out Waltzing Tonight - Roy Bailey
Sitting On Top Of The World - Sunjay
The Deal - Ben Smith
A Little Redemption - Danni Nicholls
Stanley and Iris - Pete Boddis
Lovers By The Sea - Pete Kelly
I Sing Alone - Vix And Her MsChiefs
Next Door Nigel - Robb Johnson
Is This Poetry - Jess Silk
Roll Up For The Donkey Derby - Attila the Stockbroker
Festival At Home - Humdrum Express
Their World - Bleeding Hearts
6 Degrees of Separation - Dave Onions
Empty - Cal Doonican
Mar Cuppa Tay - Black Country Gaz
The World Turned Upside Down - Pete Lowe

I'll have to get a copy of that, TSB - I saw Sunjay supporting Martyn Joseph at Katies a few months back and he was great.

Repetative and uninspiring too :D

I'm sure they'd be pretty good live actually.

Back