• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Gutted that TV On The Radio have cancelled their gig - one band I adore that I am yet to see live.

An absolutely first class, innovative band.

Madness announce an open air tour for august/september in outdoor venues. Dunstall racecourse is 1 venue. Is one of the lads from Wolverhampton, as they seem to like it here?
I'm thinking I may invest in a ticket...

Also see al yankovic is doing a date in brum (meh), and adam ant is doing a tour playing Dirk Wears White Sox.

Tickets at Wolves include entry to the races on the day. Would love this but September is sorted for me so can't make it.

Moon Duo!

Had a confirmation email that my clear vinyl PSB album has been dispatched!
Also waiting for this to arrive:
41KClr9PwvL._SS500_.jpg
:atigrou:

Attachments

• 41KClr9PwvL._SY300_.jpg
    41KClr9PwvL._SY300_.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 10
Moon Duo!

Had a confirmation email that my clear vinyl PSB album has been dispatched!
Also waiting for this to arrive:
View attachment 828
:atigrou:

is that in red vinyl? i'll have a look. i ordered the viet cong in clear but only normal arrived. disappointing.

i've put a moon duo track on a past year's cd i think

PSB is clear vinyl.
The Late Night Tales is a cd I'm afraid.

I did also pre-order Laid & Wah Wah on clear vinyl. Given there's only gonna be 500 of each, I just had to. They'll be arriving in 4 weeks!

PSB is clear vinyl.
The Late Night Tales is a cd I'm afraid.

I did also pre-order Laid & Wah Wah on clear vinyl. Given there's only gonna be 500 of each, I just had to. They'll be arriving in 4 weeks!

i don't own any james albums!

i bought hymn from a village 12" after seeing them in 1985 and i think i've got the original sit down single somewhere. that's it.

Bruce Dickinson is undergoing treatment for cancer. My poor heart can't handle it.

I see Peace are doing a gig at the civic.
Biohazard have announced a gig there too (not seen them since they invited everyone onto the stage at download & had the plug pulled on them).

I also see the dead kennedys are doing a summer gig in brum!

PSB clear vinyl is a thing of beauty!

Seems to be Americana week for me.

Went to see War on Drugs in Brixton last night. Fast songs excellent, slow songs not so good. More guitar solos than an Eddie Van Halen/Yngwie Malmsteen exhibition gig.

And on Friday it's Ryan Adams at the Hammy O.

I don't know what to make of WOD. I should like them, at times I do, at times I think there's nothing that special about them.

Gigless so far after TV on the Radio cancelled their tour. That's the last two gigs I've scheduled cancelled!

Toying with the charlatans but I think the cost is putting me off.

Damien Rice announced some more UK dates, notably Manchester & London. Pre-sale this morning sold out before I got anywhere near having a look. £49 a ticket for the London show. £49!!@!@??!?

Fuck live music. The whole industry of it is a joke.

I don't know what to make of WOD. I should like them, at times I do, at times I think there's nothing that special about them.

Gigless so far after TV on the Radio cancelled their tour. That's the last two gigs I've scheduled cancelled!

Toying with the charlatans but I think the cost is putting me off.

I know what you mean about WOD. I think Lost in the Dream is an excellent album but every so often I sort of wake up and think, "Oh, God, I'm listening to Tom Petty playing Bruce Springsteen covers! What next - Radio 2 in the car? Arggh!"

I know what you mean about WOD. I think Lost in the Dream is an excellent album but every so often I sort of wake up and think, "Oh, God, I'm listening to Tom Petty playing Bruce Springsteen covers! What next - Radio 2 in the car? Arggh!"

I love them. They're fantastic. And I know there's a huge Springsteen influence there, and I don't actually like Springsteen, so it makes no sense to like them. That's music for you. WoD are great.

I listened to the PSB vinyl, & it's lovely! Gagarin sounds better on the album than in isolation. Go & Valentina are current stand out tracks.
Dunno if I regressed a little as it was vinyl, but I loved getting up to turn the record over. In fact, I listened to the whole album twice!

I also booked tickets yesterday to see Ludovico Einaudi with special guests Penguin Cafe at Blenheim Palace in the summer. Both are amazing imo, & it'll be an experience. However front block seats are £110 (eat that machin!). Because I love both I went for third tier seats (£60). When ordering tickets, they "offer" (I use that term quite wrongly) a hamper for "only" £52!

Oh, & they charge a booking fee for car parking, & another booking fee for print at home tickets!
Fuck! just 2 tickets was £140. But it'll be a never repeated experience (so I keep telling myself) & at least I'll be getting that back!

Back