• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

I know what you mean about WOD. I think Lost in the Dream is an excellent album but every so often I sort of wake up and think, "Oh, God, I'm listening to Tom Petty playing Bruce Springsteen covers! What next - Radio 2 in the car? Arggh!"

like most bands - good bits, bad bits. there are very few albums that I listen to all the way through after the initial 5 or so runs.

those prices for damien rice are ridiculous. i may go and see yak at the hare tomorrow - £6 advance is advertised.

Adoring Spiritualized very much at the moment. They really are excellent. If not the easiest to listen to.

Adoring Spiritualized very much at the moment. They really are excellent. If not the easiest to listen to.

Which particular? LAGWIFAS is the obvious. Have to say that songs in A&E is a pretty good album imo.

I've gotta wean myself off underworld, as I'm listening to them almost daily at the mo, which can't be good. I always try to avoid overkill, but man they're good!

like most bands - good bits, bad bits. there are very few albums that I listen to all the way through after the initial 5 or so runs.
Agreed. Evan bands by massive faves of mine usually have tracks I'll skip past most times.
those prices for damien rice are ridiculous. i may go and see yak at the hare tomorrow - £6 advance is advertised.
I'm getting to the stage now where there appear to be brackets for gigs. There's the £10-£20 decent band, 1-2 albums, potential, then everyone else is charging approx £40. Then you have to add the fucking piss taking fees on top (which gets my goat more than anything else tbh!)

Thinking of going to see Portico at the hare in april.

Damien Rice announced some more UK dates, notably Manchester & London. Pre-sale this morning sold out before I got anywhere near having a look. £49 a ticket for the London show. £49!!@!@??!?

Fuck live music. The whole industry of it is a joke.

£65 for general sale. Fucking joke.

Which particular? LAGWIFAS is the obvious. Have to say that songs in A&E is a pretty good album imo.

I've gotta wean myself off underworld, as I'm listening to them almost daily at the mo, which can't be good. I always try to avoid overkill, but man they're good!

Lagwafis is a top 5 ever. Songs in A and E is decent too. I meant Amazing Grace and Let It Come Down specifically.

That is more than my Foo Fighters tickets were at Murrayfield. More than a standard ticket for Kate Bush last year. Over 30% of what I am paying for Bloodstock for a four day festival with dozens of bands. An appalling price.

And you'll probably fall asleep half way through with boredom too.

Punk band Pertti Kurikan Nimipaivat are to represent Finland in the Eurovision Song Contest.

Awesome..
Hope they tell the audience (repeatedly) that "You are Fukkking Arseoles" like they did in Birmingham
in December..

Tonight is THE night.
Going to see Underworld play dubnobasswithmyheadman in full.

I am so stoked!
Underworld-9903-770x375.jpg

It was AMAZING!
Very chilled evening. Noticed part way through that there probably wasn't anyone under 40 there, which felt a bit weird.

Album in full, followed by Bigmouth, Rez and Born Slippy (NUXX). Missed no Dark Train, but almost 2 hours, & so many tracks I've not heard live before.
Sadly Rick Smith was ill, so it was just Karl Hyde & Darren Price. Still top quality though!
Hyde played live harmonica for Bigmouth.

It was AMAZING!
Very chilled evening. Noticed part way through that there probably wasn't anyone under 40 there, which felt a bit weird.

Album in full, followed by Bigmouth, Rez and Born Slippy (NUXX). Missed no Dark Train, but almost 2 hours, & so many tracks I've not heard live before.
Sadly Rick Smith was ill, so it was just Karl Hyde & Darren Price. Still top quality though!
Hyde played live harmonica for Bigmouth.

Was listening to Underworld live this afternoon in work. Seeing them at Electric Picnic this summer, really looking forward, have only seen them once before, and I was mashed on Molly so the whole 2hour set felt like 2 mins.

Was it only Bigmouth, Rez and Born Slippy as an encore? Kinda surprised by that. Was it Rez mixed with cowgirl? I personally find Rez boring, would much prefer Jumbo, or Juanita Kiteless or something like that.

Either way, seein dubnobasswithmyheadman in its entirety is something special. Tongue is one of my fave tunes ever, just love the actual sound of it

Was listening to Underworld live this afternoon in work. Seeing them at Electric Picnic this summer, really looking forward, have only seen them once before, and I was mashed on Molly so the whole 2hour set felt like 2 mins.

Was it only Bigmouth, Rez and Born Slippy as an encore? Kinda surprised by that. Was it Rez mixed with cowgirl? I personally find Rez boring, would much prefer Jumbo, or Juanita Kiteless or something like that.

Either way, seein dubnobasswithmyheadman in its entirety is something special. Tongue is one of my fave tunes ever, just love the actual sound of it

They used the Most 'ospitable mix of dark & long as an intro tape. Came on & did the full album start to finish (surfboy was ace!)
Think the encores went rez, bigmouth then slippy in that order. They're focussing on stuff from the era, so really the only other tracks they could've done were dark train, spikee and minneapolis, but they'd already done 5 mins shy of 2 hours, so I guess you can't have everything. Bigmouth was awesome though.

You're in for a treat. I reckon they'll vary the setlist at the picnic. I'm toying with the idea of bestival, as they & the chemical brothers are there.

Back