• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Been playing a lot of varied stuff over the weekend. White Zombies astro creep 2000, booth & the bad angel, fun loving criminals, zero 7 and the dharmas amongst others. Fair bit of reading done.

Been playing a lot of varied stuff over the weekend. White Zombies astro creep 2000, booth & the bad angel, fun loving criminals, zero 7 and the dharmas amongst others. Fair bit of reading done.

Bloody hell, LJ has named a band I've heard of :) :eek:ldman:

White Zombie and Zero 7?

Surely you've heard of those.

White Zombie and Zero 7?

Surely you've heard of those.

Quickly goes to Google................................................................................................................Nope !

You must have heard In The Waiting Line by Zero 7. Very well known chill out song.

You must have heard In The Waiting Line by Zero 7. Very well known chill out song.

Nice song, still hadn't heard it before :)

To be fair I have just done a weekend of entirely King Crimson. (which probably does explain why I've never heard of LJ's stuff )

At the Sugarmill in Stoke (which is my local venue) are they worth seeing live?

Zero 7's debut album is a work of art.
My tastes surely aren't that offbeat?
Paul appears to be forgetting my waxing lyrical over the Blind Faith album recently...

I thought "Destiny" was the more well known track? Sung by Sia Furler who has co written a fair amount and is in the mainstream(ish) at the moment. Appeared on Graham Norton with a expressive dancer doing her thing whilst Sia stood facing the corner, like a naughty girl. A bit strange.

I thought "Destiny" was the more well known track? Sung by Sia Furler who has co written a fair amount and is in the mainstream(ish) at the moment. Appeared on Graham Norton with a expressive dancer doing her thing whilst Sia stood facing the corner, like a naughty girl. A bit strange.

She apparently doesn't want to become so famous that it disturbs her day to day life and so doesn't show herself when she performs, though it all seems rather pointless as there are plenty of pictures of her about, just some bullshit 'act' i assume. Got a set of pipes on her though.

She apparently doesn't want to become so famous that it disturbs her day to day life and so doesn't show herself when she performs, though it all seems rather pointless as there are plenty of pictures of her about, just some bullshit 'act' i assume. Got a set of pipes on her though.

Yeah, she wants her music to be recognised and not her. Which is fair enough. She's always had a facade of some kind - it used to be all black costumes with lights on and masks to match, if I remember correctly.

She was worried that with recent songwriting success (with Beyonce and Rhianna I think) that there would be more hype and mainstream exposure with this album and she didn't want her "image" to detract from the credibility of the songs and songwriting - not a concern that she had with her previous solo work. So I don't think it's a "bullshit" act really. FWIW I don't think she's going for complete anonymity, but she does have genuine and valid motives for her unique brand of performance. I just don't really like expressive dance all that much :D

I remember seeing that performance. IIRC if you listen closely her pronunciation - as in being able to distinguish words from one another - is fucking terrible. That gets my wife particularly irritated. That, and people breathing halfway through a line when it's easy to do the entire passage in one breath.

I think Sia is ace, but definitely prefer a lot of earlier stuff. Colour the Small One is a superb album. Lady Croissant is pretty cool, as is Some People Have Real Problems.

Back