• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

I remember seeing that performance. IIRC if you listen closely her pronunciation - as in being able to distinguish words from one another - is fucking terrible. That gets my wife particularly irritated. That, and people breathing halfway through a line when it's easy to do the entire passage in one breath.

That kind of thing (incoherent lyrics) bugs my missus too. Really doesn't bother me too much. I'm not one for meaningful lyrics - I much prefer a good tune :D

Ooooh, disagree. Lyrics can be massively important imo.
In reality, both are needed. But there are songs where I connect with the tune, but also others I connect with the lyrics.

Ooooh, disagree. Lyrics can be massively important imo.
In reality, both are needed. But there are songs where I connect with the tune, but also others I connect with the lyrics.

Yeah, I get that they can be, but they're not a decisive factor for me. Some great tracks have nonsense lyrics. Snow - Informer, for one :icon_wink:

That kind of thing (incoherent lyrics) bugs my missus too. Really doesn't bother me too much. I'm not one for meaningful lyrics - I much prefer a good tune :D

It isn't meaningful lyrics, it's the poor technique and now I've acquired the same issue, as in: lyric lyric *huuppp* lyric lyric lyric *huuppp* which adds nothing and sounds shit. That, and the mid-Atlantic drawl people affect.

On a slightly tangential note, Ellie Goulding sends me into paroxysms of utter rage whenever I have the misfortune to have my ears abused by her.

The breathe in the middle of line disease appears to have hit particularly hard in whichever studio Florence and the Machine commit their musical crimes to tape.

Can't say I'm a huge Sia fan, though I remember seeing her on Jools Holland donkeys years ago doing a track called Buttons where her and the band all wore neon clothes to make them look like cartoon characters.

Also, "singing teachers" who aren't trained in the discipline: Mrs Wombat has had countless students who have a 'schizophrenic' voice insomuch that the high and low ranges are entirely unconnected and it's incredibly hard work to undo that bad teaching. And those who teach utterly irrelevant 'breathing exercises' and/or let the student sing unchallenging songs which epitomise all of the issues already mentioned.

How are breathing exercises irrelevant or do you mean the actual exercises are irrelevant to breathing ??

Ones which teach bad technique, basically. You need to be aiming for diaphragmatic breathing.

Good $#@!ing grief. Hendrix over-rated?!! Have a word!

The bloke is to the guitar as Ronnie O Sullivan is to snooker. A straight up genius.

I stand by my opinion,although I did not comment on his guitar skills,only his music.Like Beatles,he was something new for the kidz and little more!

Stop drinking and typing, its your last warning or I report you !

When did I receive the first warning?? I stopped drinking around 1997,not sure but I suspect it's out of my system now. :)

Remember seeing them on the LAGWAFIS tour at the que club. Was awesome.

Still waiting for news of the Avalanches 2nd album.

Mine too. Hence me constantly hoping.

Did you ever check out the Public Service Broadcasting album NWW? Their newie is out next month.

If you liked the avalanches, you'll love Girl Talk: http://illegal-art.net/girltalk/ Download for free!

WIll have a listen mate. Was with Stever off the mix on Saturday so got a ton of stuff he's recommended too!

It isn't meaningful lyrics, it's the poor technique and now I've acquired the same issue, as in: lyric lyric *huuppp* lyric lyric lyric *huuppp* which adds nothing and sounds $#@!. That, and the mid-Atlantic drawl people affect.

On a slightly tangential note, Ellie Goulding sends me into paroxysms of utter rage whenever I have the misfortune to have my ears abused by her.

agree 100% on ellie, i avoid at all costs.

I stand by my opinion,although I did not comment on his guitar skills,only his music.Like Beatles,he was something new for the kidz and little more!
To truly appreciate Hendrix you have to understand what a true pioneer he was with the instrument. It also doesn't hurt to place him within the context of Vietnam.

Wondered if langers was aware I am Kloot release a live album (& tour) in march?

Gonna threaten me with the ban hammer for that? :smarmy:

Back