• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Bah, drummers are disposable :icon_wink:

Whereas the other proper musicians are a lot harder to replace :stirthepot:

I liked Afghan Whigs,the others not for me. :)

I liked Afghan Whigs,the others not for me. :)

not everyone can be saved ;)

that was Friday night drunken over exuberance anyway. and I'm sure you'll return to that Bastro track in time.

So the new Pink Floyd album is a slight let down. I knew it would be ambient instrumentals, with only one song with vocals. There are some great moments on it, it alludes to many sounds and themes over their career and there's some classic Gilmour guitar parts on there, but I feel they have missed an opportunity somewhere. To sign off on such a huge career with this album seems incomplete somehow.

In other news, went to see james in Oxford last night. Small venue. Nice & intimate.
Lighting wasn't great, but the sound was fucking superb.
Very mixed set too. Nothing off a couple of recent albums, & they seemed to change the encores too, which meant All I'm Saying off the new album didn't get played, which is a shame. However, they do vary the set in different shows, & I'm seeing them in brum in 2 weeks, so no doubt will hear it then.

Amazing that a band can pull out a 14 year old b-side too, & make it magical!
Fantastic gig. Still in the top 5 live bands ever!

I see the Foos have announced UK tour dates. I can't stand stadium gigs but I might make an exception in this case.

Go to Old Trafford Cricket Ground, not as enclosed as the other venues, i saw them there a few years back now and they were ace.

I've never been to Wembley (old or new) so I'll probably try for that just so I can tick two things off my to-do list in one go.

I've been to a Wembley for gigs, think it's usually set up so the bottom tier is unreserved seating available to anyone who's got a standing ticket, seems to work quite well. I'd definitely go by train though as getting away from there by road is horrendous, though Old Traffod isn't much better on that front either.

I've been to a Wembley for gigs, think it's usually set up so the bottom tier is unreserved seating available to anyone who's got a standing ticket, seems to work quite well. I'd definitely go by train though as getting away from there by road is horrendous, though Old Traffod isn't much better on that front either.

Yeah, I don't live far from Wembley and used to work down the road. I've been snarled up in post-match/gig traffic many a time!

Back