• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Better then having a crowd full of screaming 14 year old girls which is what happens with a lot of 'rock' bands these days.

Better then having a crowd full of screaming 14 year old girls which is what happens with a lot of 'rock' bands these days.

Indeed, I'd be bloody worried if a bunch of teenage girls did turn up to a Royal Blood gig.

Fall Out Boy are the worst i've ever experienced for that, everytime Pete Wentz moves in the slightest all those little bitches scream their heads off, fucking nightmare.

Fall Out Boy are the worst i've ever experienced for that, everytime Pete Wentz moves in the slightest all those little bitches scream their heads off, fucking nightmare.

I can imagine. Any teeny-bop band like Fall Out Boy will have a big teenage girl following. I found the same when I went to watch Foals, who I didnn't have down as the kind of band teenage girls would flock to watch. Really soured the experience of watching a top band.

Paddy/Jolemai may be interested to hear megadeth are re-releasing their first 5 albums on super picture disc vinyl!

I'm not interested, as megadeth are shit! :neer_neer:

Paddy/Jolemai may be interested to hear megadeth are re-releasing their first 5 albums on super picture disc vinyl!

I'm not interested, as megadeth are shit! :neer_neer:

They may be a bit on the cheesy side, but their Behind the Music episode is one of the best

I'm not a fan. That said, in some kind of monster when mustaine meets lars & tells him what a dick he is is cracking.
Up there with the scene where Lars & Hetfield go to Newsteads new bands gig as a surprise, & at the end of the night are shocked to realise that everyone they know is there working for Newstead having not told them!

Wayne Static (as in the lead singer from Static-X) died the other day aged 48.

The Decemberists have just announced a tour in Feb 2015.

Sausage fest. Lots of old, bald, very angry men.

Music was top class though. Only problem is it was too short, they were finished by 9:25.
Did you have to endure Turbowolf beforehand?

This lispy cunt is really doing my head in, not sure what's worse out of him or the venue.

Anyone else think the main room of the institute is complete wank?

Not in comparison to the academy. I think it is not a bad venue personally.

I've had tickets for the first balcony level tonight and saturday, unreserved seating deal same as at the O2 but it just seems like there are far too many people there for it to work properly.

When i've been to sold out gigs at the O2 i know i can rock up at half 8 having skipped the supports if i wanted and fair enough i won't get a seat but there will be plenty of opportunity to stand somewhere around the edge and still get an uninterrupted view of the stage. The same cannot be said of the institute, both gigs i've been two in their main room it's been 4-5 people deep behind the top row of seating so you're fucked unless you're there early doors, i managed to create a bit of a gap by being a bit of a cunt on saturday so at least my girlfriend could see but i still had no chance. It seemed even worse tonight for Royal Blood despite turning up earlier, the building itself doesn't help as there are 8-10 big pillars obstructing views to begin with but then when you've seemingly got too many people in there it's just a nonsense, even further hindered tonight by a load of cunts taking bar stools up to the back of the seating and taking up far more space than neccessary.

At least i did get to see most of the gig tonight though, for some reason a large chunk of the unreserved seating in one corner was covered by reserved notices, not sure how that works, 90% of which remained empty after the band took to the stage so after a while the staff saw sense and allowed us to go in there.

I'd only ever been in the tiny room downstairs before this weekend, and i thought that was pretty shit to be fair, had hoped for better things from the main room but these two experiences have really put me off ever going there again, at least on that unreserved balcony, might give it a last chance either on the floor or the upper balcony as it is well presented in there.

my advice - do what I do. watch bands before they're popular. generally if there's fewer people there, there's fewer twats there and you actually get to see the band. you're right though, some venues aren't great for mass numbers of fans.

Lovely jubbly.

BTW - the new Slipknot is surprisingly not shite. Some really good stuff on there.

The new Exodus (Blood in, Blood Out) is fucking incredible. Well worth checking out.

Looks like any chance of a farewell world tour by AC/DC have taken a significant nosedive with Phil Rudd looking likely to be in the clink.

Arse.

Back