• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

On the Liquidator thread, some were mentioning Hi-Ho Silver Lining. I caught Jeff Beck at Ronnie Scotts on You Tube, some of it a few years old now. What an excellent guitarist he is !! Brilliant version of A Day In The Life too. Girl on the Bass Guitar is only about eighteen (Back in 2010 ?) and she deserves a mention. Brilliant Bass Guitarist. Cant post the You Tube links but I urge you to have a look. What a band !!

What a place for a gig!
1999-giant-book_1449042i.jpg

opera1_1964235b.jpg

Carmen_1990-91_KForster.jpg

2002-table-chairs_1449041i.jpg

WOW ! Where is this place LJ. Awesome. The closest I ever got to anything like the third picture was at The Minack Theatre in Porthcurno, Cornwall.

Beautiful place.

On the Liquidator thread, some were mentioning Hi-Ho Silver Lining. I caught Jeff Beck at Ronnie Scotts on You Tube, some of it a few years old now. What an excellent guitarist he is !! Brilliant version of A Day In The Life too. Girl on the Bass Guitar is only about eighteen (Back in 2010 ?) and she deserves a mention. Brilliant Bass Guitarist. Cant post the You Tube links but I urge you to have a look. What a band !!

Jeff Beck is the lead guitarist on Roger Waters' solo album 'Amused to Death' (which is an incredible record, BTW). Some great guitar work on that album.

Jeff Beck is one of my all time heroes, have seen him four times already and are due to see him again next month, he's that good you find yourself grinning like an idiot when you're at the concert.
The bassist you mention is Tal Wilkenfeld, excellent bassist ! (and you would as well :) )

WOW ! Where is this place LJ. Awesome. The closest I ever got to anything like the third picture was at The Minack Theatre in Porthcurno, Cornwall.

Beautiful place.
It's the bregenz festival in austria. They have a floating stage there which has a different design each year.

Kate Bush tickets (with 1,000,000,000,000 complimentary brownie points) secured.

You must've been one of the 40 million what made her website crash then...

Did well though mate. Everything sold out in just over 10 minutes.
You can afford to be smug for all of april I reckon...:icon_wink:

Tickets were bought at 9.34. Thank fuck for hitting f5 at 9.29 as it took me into the waiting room a few seconds early and I think that made all the difference.

Apparently, tickets now on the usual sites for up to 5 times face value. Obviously lots of die hard Kate Bush fans forgot to check their diaries......

Touting is one of the scummiest, shitty things. Absolute pet hate of mine.

Viagogo ad in the middle of the mirror story about it selling out takes you straight to the page. "Mirror Resale Tickets" is just legalised touting.

Plus you have to present photo ID as the lead buyer of any tickets, so the wankers profiteering out of this have to accompany the secondary buyer to the gig to get them in. The whole thing stinks.

A basic ticket for the night I have got is up at £990. Fuck knows what the whack on top for the hospitality package I bought would be. Thousands probably.

I read a track-by-track review of Opeth's new album earlier. If it's as good as the reviewer suggests it is I'm going to be soiling my underpants shortly after acquiring it.

Apparently, tickets now on the usual sites for up to 5 times face value. Obviously lots of die hard Kate Bush fans forgot to check their diaries......

Touting is one of the scummiest, $#@!ty things. Absolute pet hate of mine.

You and me both Langers. How can that many tickets be sold out in fifteen minutes ? Why is that the 'powers that be' are not in the slightest bit interested in doing anything about it ? Also, the authorities and the 'Artists' are up in arms about illegal download sites for their songs, but they also do absolutely nothing to stop their tickets being sold for five times the face value.

Was there a time when it said on the ticket that it was not allowed to be sold for more than it's face value ?

Back