• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

BTW, where's wolfiephil? I'm still waiting for his review of the chvrches gig yesterday...

I'm here.

The gig was as good as I expected it to be! They opened with We Sink with an immense amount of bass and strobe lighting... reminded me of being in some of the super clubs in Ibiza!
Overall I was really impressed and will go again next time they are touring!

They have re-released Recover this week and I have bought it in the hope of getting them some well deserved recognition and I notice it is on Radio 1's A list...

I read this the yesterday and it is pretty accurate
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/wha.../review-chvrches-institute-birmingham-6797081

Listened to the new Elbow album several times now. It's a fantastic record. Really enjoying it.

Shamefully 15/15 - I had to guess at a couple but. The O-Town one being a complete guess...

Also read not long ago that led zep 1, 2 & 3 are getting the deluxe treatment for a june release!

Just heard a brand new Metallica track from their gig in Bogota last night - called the Lords of Summer. Not bad. I am sure they will muck about with it slightly before the finished track makes the new album but is pretty tasty.

However, my message to Kirk, as it has been since about 1992, remains thus:

THROW YOUR FUCKING WAH IN THE BIN AND FIND A NEW TONE

Had a second listen through of Lords of Summer. Some really decent riffs, but the solo is fucking pants, really. Generic wah-wah pentatonic offering nothing.

The other thing I noticed was how spectacularly bald Large Oilrig is getting. He is going to be like the cue-ball by Sonisphere!

Does anyone on here like Dream Theater ?? I think they are headlining the second stage at Sonisphere on the same day that Metallica are on ?
I saw Dream Theater at The Civic last month. Absolutely awesome band. Don't think I have ever seen anyone play their instruments like those guys and I have been 'gigging' since 1978.

Petrucci is right up there. Awesomely talented. In terms of pure unadulterated talent then it is hard to argue against Li and Trottmann of Dragonforce. Trouble is they do sort of need to write some decent songs rather than ridiculous wankfests!

Of currently active I would put Vai up there with Petrucci. Neither of them are as good as Randy Rhoads for me though. Other contenders would be Marty Friedmann and Chris Broderick

Back