• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

I've acquired a £25 iTunes voucher for a birthday pressie from the work lot. I'm not usually one to spend money on music (who does?) but are there any albums you guys would recommend as must haves? I'm fairly eclectic so I'm willing to give almost anything a listen really.

Do you like Bon Iver? Give Repave by Volcano Choir a listen - that's a beautiful album.

I can't say I've listened to them actually. I'll take a look!

I can't say I've listened to them actually. I'll take a look!

Look them up on YouTube. Never heard of them until a couple of weeks ago when my friend recommended them.

I lean towards Ocean Colour Scene, The Charlatans, Paul Weller, The Stone Roses and The Smiths really: especially OCS. So anything along those lines would be great. Although, like I said, I'm open to anything: I could do with some new music!

The Seahorses - Do It Yourself

Extremely under-rated album. John Squire's band after quitting the Stone Roses. Lots of catchy guitar riffs and songs.

Look them up on YouTube. Never heard of them until a couple of weeks ago when my friend recommended them.

I will do.

And thanks Bear: I like John Squire a lot so you could be onto a winner with that one.

Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust by Sigur Ros. Or even Kveiker. Brilliance.

:disco:

This wasn't a bad list. Some interesting candidates on there. http://www.piccadillyrecords.com/shop/feature.php?feature=720
Wouldn't put $#@! buttons that high though. Album is very meh & they really disappointed live.

yeah, i have a fair few off that list though i'd say there's some notable things missing and the Savages album should be massively higher. i mean you don't even have to like it to see what an impact it makes, it sort of demands attention. personally i love it. as it's christmas, here's sleigh ride from the fuzz album, fuckin excellent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9_XdDvgkGg

I've acquired a £25 iTunes voucher for a birthday pressie from the work lot. I'm not usually one to spend money on music (who does?) but are there any albums you guys would recommend as must haves? I'm fairly eclectic so I'm willing to give almost anything a listen really.

Arcade Fire - Funeral
Maccabees - Given To The Wild
Courteeners - Anna
Stone Roses - Stone Roses

There's four based on what you said mate

Bowie's latest one The Next Day is ace and widely regarded as one of the top 5 albums this year.

A left field shout is Daughn Gibson's All Hell.

Beautiful stuff, YouTube In The beginning.

Steve Reynolds is good for his music
On twitter/mix

On another note, tune of the year for me is Reflecktor by Arcade Fire, faultless.

Shame about the fuck up of a record that followed it.

On another note, tune of the year for me is Reflecktor by Arcade Fire, faultless.

Shame about the $#@! up of a record that followed it.

5 from me would be

#5 lizard kids - no joy
#4 strife - savages
#3 fall out of love - toy
#2 heart - darkside
#1 pittura infamante - girls names

obviously i'm not too heavily in drone mode today

Well, that's me done for the next 90 minutes. Metallica's live set in Antarctica anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRlU5xY0HTw

Main Set
1. Creeping Death
2. For Whom the Bell Tolls
3. Sad But True
4. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
5. Master of Puppets
6. One
7. Blackened
8. Nothing Else Matters
9. Enter Sandman
10. Seek & Destroy

You can probably skip the first ten minutes too.

Is "Takk..." a good album by Sigur Ros? I really like Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust.

I think I'm in love!

Glad to have a positive effect!

Indeed. I really should listen to more of this stuff :)

You should. Do you good after some recent postings...

Is "Takk..." a good album by Sigur Ros? I really like Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust.

Takk is a good album, yes. Has the massive hopipolla on it.
Personally I feel that Með suð... is a more complete album, & I really love Kveikur. Takk is imo their 3rd best.

Back