• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

32. Though it is fairly heavily focussed on a small number of bands (Maiden, Slayer, Metallica & sabbath dominate what's in there).

32. Though it is fairly heavily focussed on a small number of bands (Maiden, Slayer, Metallica & sabbath dominate what's in there).

Aye. That and there's some stuff that shouldn't be there. Soundgarden are metal, huh?

Anyway, just one of those daft Facebook things that might have been of interest.

Latest bands added to Download:

1459808_10152015760094764_429704565_n.jpg

Yes, that really does say Status Quo.

Definitely won't be going next year (though I'm sure I said that before). Some utter drivel on there.

That time of year again when you go WHO?

The BBC's Sound of 2014 longlist:

BANKS
Chance The Rapper
Chlöe Howl
Ella Eyre
FKA twigs
George Ezra
Jungle
Kelela
Luke Sital-Singh
MNEK
Nick Mulvey
Royal Blood
Sam Smith
Sampha
Say Lou Lou

I know 2 of those names.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I'm assuming BANKS is nothing to do with the sub-standard brewery of the same name?

I also had only heard of two. Was due to see Luke Sital-Singh a couple of weeks ago but got myself double booked.

The Slint gig was brilliant last night. At times brutally loud and heavy. Quite short too which was nice for a change.

Off to see Show of Hands in the Civic tonight - always a good gig. Especially when parents are paying for it....

I've acquired a £25 iTunes voucher for a birthday pressie from the work lot. I'm not usually one to spend money on music (who does?) but are there any albums you guys would recommend as must haves? I'm fairly eclectic so I'm willing to give almost anything a listen really.

I've acquired a £25 iTunes voucher for a birthday pressie from the work lot. I'm not usually one to spend money on music (who does?) but are there any albums you guys would recommend as must haves? I'm fairly eclectic so I'm willing to give almost anything a listen really.

What kinda stuff do you really like sam?
what were your last 3 gigs?
what were the last 3 albums you bought/acquired?

I lean towards Ocean Colour Scene, The Charlatans, Paul Weller, The Stone Roses and The Smiths really: especially OCS. So anything along those lines would be great. Although, like I said, I'm open to anything: I could do with some new music!

Back